NFL 06/07 Talk

Guest Mighty Mighty Bosstown

I don't see anything on the offensive side for Chicago that scares me other than Thomas Jones.

You shouldn't be worrying about their offense, you should be worrying about their defense knocking you the fuck out. Yeah ok, their offense isn't going to be one of the best in the league because that's not their style, they're not going to put up the big numbers but that defense keeps them in games and more often than not the offense does enough to win the game. It's all about the defense in Chicago.

But to succeed in the NFL you need at least a mediocre offense and let's face it, whether Griese is the QB or not, the Bears offense still sucks and they won't go anywhere more than a first round exit in the playoffs. I'm sorry, but you seem to be blinded by the fact that Bears are somehow a game changing defense as well. Chicago's defense is great, sometimes amazing, but they can be shutup by a good offense, just look at that Panthers playoff game last year, the Bears were horrible on both sides.

Each team has a different interpretation of the word 'success' each season, but that's a different matter.

Yes the Panthers beat the Bears in the playoffs and they were the better offensive team. Yet funnily enough they were the better offensive team in the regular season when they played each other and the Bears won 13-3. Ok, a good offense can undo a good defense, but it works the other way too.

The Bears defense is good enough to keep them in ANY game and if it's kept low-scoring then you would put your money on the Bears to win it because their offense, as much as you want to dispute it, is good enough to go down the field and put points on the board and with that defense they may only need to do it once to win a game.

I wouldn't say easily, as the predicted winners of the NFC North are never the ones that actually win it at year's end. Just something about that division is messed up. And I wasn't implying anything other than the fact that the Bears aren't better than the Ravens, if anything they're both equal as they're both teams with great d's looking to improve their offense, I just feel that the Ravens actually did improve their offense, whereas, if anything, the Bears have done more to hurt their offense with the fact that, as you said, should've drafted Pope, but opted to sign an undrafted free agent at TE.

How is the division messed up because everybody's predictions aren't always right? :blink:

The Bears defense is better than the Ravens defense. Please explain how the Bears have hurt their offense. You can't hurt your offense by not drafting somebody and adding an experienced quarterback is doing nothing to damage it either.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AFC East: Dolphins

-Patriots

-Bills

-Jets

AFC West: Chiefs

- Chargers

- Broncos

- Raiders

AFC South: Colts

- Jaguars

- Titans

- Texans

AFC North: Steelers

- Bengals

- Browns

- Ravens

NFC East: Redskins

- Cowboys

- Giants

- Eagles

NFC West: Seahawks

- 49ers

- Cardinals

- Rams

NFC North: Bears

- Vikings

- Packers

- Lions

NFC South: Panthers

- Saints

- Bucs

- Falcons

Super Bowl: Washington vs. Miami (Miami wins)

Now, lemme reveal reasoning for a few of these.

- I don't buy into the Baltimore hype. Theyt've brought in one real star player who is solid but at the end of the day, is injury-prone and had trouble leading a loaded Titans team out of the third place wilderness in 2004. Plus, remember the playoff hype for them last year?

- The Dolphins are gonna have their year. If anyone who watched them in the last part of the season knows, they got their edge. Sure, there's a lot of people that would say that most teams didn't give a shit by the end of the year, but I think Sabin has really helped this team find its edge.

- Herman Edwards is gonna lead the Chiefs to sloid places merely off of the fact that regardless of how predictable it seems, Larry Johnson and Trent Green is an ultra fantastic one two combo. Sure, Indy's is better, but that doesn't mean the Chiefs won't succeed in a division of teams that are still trying to find something that works.

- After the mediocre NFC year last year, expect yet another team to surprise people and make the Super Bowl. Washington sounds like the best bet for that to me.

- To me, the Falcons are swallowed up in their own hype and still after all of these years, have only one really talented athlete. And one big injury to Mr. Number Seven and it'll turn into 2003 all over again.

- To me, the Falcons are swallowed up in their own hype and still after all of these years, have only one really talented athlete. And one big injury to Mr. Number Seven and it'll turn into 2003 all over again.

This is where we disagree. Matt Shaub is on the verge of becoming a good NFL QB as soon as he becomes a free agent and goes elsewhere. If Vick goes down the Falcons are well prepared.

Guest Bosstown Boy

I don't buy into the Baltimore hype. Theyt've brought in one real star player who is solid but at the end of the day, is injury-prone and had trouble leading a loaded Titans team out of the third place wilderness in 2004. Plus, remember the playoff hype for them last year?

This is where we disagree. Matt Shaub is on the verge of becoming a good NFL QB as soon as he becomes a free agent and goes elsewhere. If Vick goes down the Falcons are well prepared.

I don't buy into the Baltimore hype. Theyt've brought in one real star player who is solid but at the end of the day, is injury-prone and had trouble leading a loaded Titans team out of the third place wilderness in 2004. Plus, remember the playoff hype for them last year?

They added two star players, one at QB and one at middle linebacker. That's right, Ray Lewis will be allowed to run wild again with the players they placed in front of him. I honestly think Lewis gets much better, maybe not old Ray Lewis, but better then last year.

They added two star players, one at QB and one at middle linebacker. That's right, Ray Lewis will be allowed to run wild again with the players they placed in front of him. I honestly think Lewis gets much better, maybe not old Ray Lewis, but better then last year.

But the problem is that Ray Lewis is old, and the style he's played has given him two-three years at most left on that body of his. He's been able to run wild in the past, and has gotten hurt. That said, if he's healthy he's still one of the best in the NFL. The question is if his body can take it anymore.

And it's been proven that while the Falcons have done alright with it, Vick has had problems taking to that system. Vick only seems to work as the franchise player or as nothing, because his throwing skills don't fit the west coast stuff, even if Mora edits the system to let him run a bit.

And it's been proven that while the Falcons have done alright with it, Vick has had problems taking to that system. Vick only seems to work as the franchise player or as nothing, because his throwing skills don't fit the west coast stuff, even if Mora edits the system to let him run a bit.

Yes, its true that Vick has had some troubles in it... but we were talking about Shaub..

and having to change up that form for Schaub could cause a whirlwind of trouble just because of how different boith QBs are.
Edited by just ROC...

NFC South is the toughest divison in football. You have three of the top defenses in the league and if you think Atlanta is not one of them your full of shit.

1. Tampa Bay: May have the best defense bar none. Yes you have Rice and Mcfarland, Brooks, and Barber who are all getting old but you also have a lot of young guys. Cadilac Williams will be MVP this year...mark it down. Chris Simms is the only question mark.

2. Carolina Panthers: Carolina will finish second on the solid fact that Keyshawn Johnson and Steve Smith will be at each others throats all season. Jake Delhome is a one receiver man. He locks in one guy all season. Check the last few seasons: Muhammed, Proehl, Smith. 2003, 2004, 2005.

3. The Saints: With Brees, MacAlister, and Bush added to the offense, this team is going to be on the up.

4. Atlanta: This is Vick's proving year and I see him failing. You can talk about Vick all you want. All he is, is a glorifed running back.

It still leaves the question mark of McNair's health. If he's kaput like he was in the past couple of years with the Titans, Kyle fucking Boller won't get the job done. Plus, I'm convinced two whole star talents doesn't turn around a team that still has as many problems as the Ravens.

It still leaves the question mark of McNair's health. If he's kaput like he was in the past couple of years with the Titans, Kyle fucking Boller won't get the job done. Plus, I'm convinced two whole star talents doesn't turn around a team that still has as many problems as the Ravens.

:blink: What other problem do the Ravens have really? An o-line that underperformed last year? Because they did help by adding Nagoti too by the way. I just can't see where your point about other problems are.

Well, it doesn't help that they're in a conference with the Super Bowl champs and Cincy. The defense, as talented as they are, seems to have problems giving a team effort and when a star defensive player is practically saying to people, "Pick players up or I'm leaving", without taking responsibility for the fact that he had a shit year as well. Plus, while the o-line is a tad better, rookies are extremely unpredictable, especially in the offensive line positions. I just think that they need fresh blood in the coaching position. Billick has had problems getting the team to do well since 2001 regardless of what the team picked up and signed.

He's had problems because he doesn't want to admit "That decision was a mistake." He stuck with Boller for way too long and let perhaps the last window of opportunity for this current team to close. He calls the same damn plays over and over again until they work. And he's never listened to his offensive coordinators. Well, before the Super Bowl win he did. After that his ego became bigger than Russia.

One thing that Chicago does have in it's favor right now is the advantage of not having to adjust to a new coach. I think The Packers are pretty much doomed with all the no shows to camp, the less than ideal talent, and the aging QB. I think the Vikings could be decent, but I don't know much about this guy Brad Childress and what he wants to implement. I know enough about Marinelli that he preaches discipline and hard nosed d, plus he comes from a winning organization.

I'm more inclined to believe the Bears don't collapse like they did after their 13-3 season this time around. I think Lovie Smith is a much better coach than Dick Jauron could ever hope to be. However, as of last season's stats they had the best D and nearly the worst offense. In a tougher NFC North, I don't expect the Bears to finish 11-5. I have reason to believe this season will be a much more competitive NFC North with the Vikings staying the same as last season (9-7), and the Lions gaining significant ground.

What is with everyone still predicting the Patriots to do something great?

They traded away their recieving core, lost their clutch kicker and a slew of other veterns. Sure they'll win the second weakest division in football, but they won't be making the Super Bowl.