NFL 06/07 Talk

Guest Mighty Mighty Bosstown

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Bosstown Boy

They traded away their recieving core, lost their clutch kicker and a slew of other veterns. Sure they'll win the second weakest division in football, but they won't be making the Super Bowl.
Edited by Bosstown Boy

(Bold make playoffs)

AFC East:

Miami Dolphins

New England Patriots

New York Jets

Buffalo Bills

AFC West:

Denver Broncos

Kansas City Cheifs

San Diego Chargers

Oakland Raiders

AFC South:

Indianapolis Colts

Jacksonville Jaguars

Houston Texans

Tennessee Titans

AFC North:

Pittsburgh Steelers

Baltimore Ravens

Cincinnati Bengals

Cleveland Browns

NFC East:

Philadelphia Eagles

Washington Redskins

New York Giants

Dallas Cowboys

NFC West:

Seattle Seahawks

St. Louis Rams

Arizona Cardinals

San Fransisco 49ers

NFC North:

Minnesota Vikings

Chicago Bears

Green Bay Packers

Detroit Lions

NFC South:

Carolina Panthers

New Orleans Saints

Atlanta Falcons

Tampa Bay Buccaneers

AFC

Byes: Indianapolis and Denver

Pittsburgh Steelers d. New England Patriots

Kansas City Cheifs d. Miami Dolphins

Kansas City Cheifs d. Denver Broncos

Indianapolis Colts d. Pittsburgh Steelers

Indianapolis Colts d. Kansas City Cheifs

NFC

Byes: Carolina and Philadelphia

Washington Redskins d. Seattle Seahawks

Minnesota Vikings d. St. Louis Rams

Philadelphia Eagles d. Minnesota Vikings

Carolina Panthers d. Washington Redskins

Philadelphia Eagles d. Carolina Panthers

SUPER BOWL

Indianapolis Colts d. Philadelphia Eagles

Super Bowl MVP: Bob Sanders

AWARDS

MVP: Larry Johnson RB KC

OROTY: Joesph Addai RB IND

DROTY: Haloti Ngata DT BAL

Most Improved: Jake Plummer QB DEN

OPOTY: Larry Johnson RB KC

DPOTY: Julius Peppers DE CAR

OTHER BOLD PREDICTIONS

Larry Johnson doesn't quite live up to the hype, but still runs for 1600 yds and 24 TDs.

Miami narrowly defeats New England in the AFC East

Jamal Lewis runs for 1250 yds with 17 TDs.

LT is a major beast, just coming up short of the MVP award.

Philip Rivers bombs in his first year, leading his team to a mediocre 8-8 season.

Big Ben rebounds from his motorcycle accident well.

Julius Peppers gets 20 sacks.

And finally: The Browns still suck :P

AFC East:

Patriots

Dolphins

Bills

Jets

AFC West:

Broncos

Chiefs

Chargers

Raiders

AFC South:

Colts

Jaguars

Texans

Titans

AFC North:

Steelers

Bengals

Ravens

Browns

NFC East:

Cowboys

Giants

Redskins

Eagles

NFC West:

Seahawks

Rams

Cardinals

49ers

NFC North:

Bears

Vikings

Packers

Lions

NFC South:

Panthers

Buccaneers

Falcons

Saints

AFC

Byes: Colts and Patriots

Wild Card: Steelers over Chiefs, Broncos over Bengals

Divisional: Steelers over Colts, Patriots over Broncos

AFC Championship: Patriots over Steelers

NFC

Byes: Panthers and Seahawks

Wild Card: Cowboys over Bucs, Bears over Giants

Divisional: Cowboys over Panthers, Seahawks over Bears

NFC Championship: Cowboys over Seahawks

SUPER BOWL

Cowboys over Patriots

Super Bowl MVP: Terrell Owens

AWARDS

MVP: Larry Johnson, RB, KC

OROTY: Vernon Davis, TE, SF

DROTY: Mario Williams, DE, HOU

Most Improved: Julius Jones, RB, DAL

OPOTY: Larry Johnson, RB, KC

DPOTY: Richard Seymour, DE, NE

(Bold make playoffs)

NFC East:

Philadelphia Eagles

Washington Redskins

New York Giants

Dallas Cowboys

NFC

Byes: Carolina and Philadelphia

Washington Redskins d. Seattle Seahawks

Minnesota Vikings d. St. Louis Rams

Philadelphia Eagles d. Minnesota Vikings

Carolina Panthers d. Washington Redskins

Philadelphia Eagles d. Carolina Panthers

SUPER BOWL

Indianapolis Colts d. Philadelphia Eagles

Super Bowl MVP: Bob Sanders

Eagles fan eh? Either that or these are your predictions from last season.

SUPER BOWL

Cowboys over Patriots

I agree with this man right here :wub:

(Bob Roberts @ 12th Jul 2006, 11:47 pm)

SUPER BOWL

Cowboys over Patriots

I agree with this man right here

Edited by Maxx

What is with everyone still predicting the Patriots to do something great?

They traded away their recieving core, lost their clutch kicker and a slew of other veterns. Sure they'll win the second weakest division in football, but they won't be making the Super Bowl.

I don't know if the Patriots have their division locked up. I think the Dolphins are going to give them hell this season, and are definitely a viable contender to the divisional crown. I think the addition of Culpepper helps the offense a lot especially with Ronnie Brown and two solid WR's at his disposal. He had an off year last year, but he's a solid QB. The Miami defense will be good like it always is.

Of course if Culpepper gets hurt and Joey Harrington comes in to start, then I weep for Miami.

Well Culpepper has never proven he can put up big numbers without Randy Moss. Look at ever game Moss didn't play in when they were together in Minnesota and Culpeppers stats drop right off the board.

He's got better recievers in Miami than he did in Minnesota last year, but I'm still not sure if he can come back from the knee injury, which will likely take away alot of his mobility, and that takes away a dimension from his game.

Well Culpepper has never proven he can put up big numbers without Randy Moss. Look at ever game Moss didn't play in when they were together in Minnesota and Culpeppers stats drop right off the board.

He's got better recievers in Miami than he did in Minnesota last year, but I'm still not sure if he can come back from the knee injury, which will likely take away alot of his mobility, and that takes away a dimension from his game.

I think Culpepper will be fine. I think Moss probably inflated his numbers, but Culpepper is still a good QB, with a big arm. I don't think the knee surgery will necesarily take away from his mobility, but even still he's not a one dimensional QB.

One thing to keep in mind for him is that he has always had a very good completion %, and barring last year has had a great TD to INT ratio. One thing to look at last year is that he didn't have shit to work with. The TE lead the team in receptions last year with 69, but only had an average of 8 yards per catch, which didn't give Culpepper much to work with even before the injury.

Now he has two very good WR's in Chambers and Booker, and a solid TE with Randy McMichael. Plus Ronnie Brown should improve on a very good rookie season, and we all know a good running game will open the passing game for the QB.

No way the Cowboys will make it past the Panthers or Seahawks. The Patriots will finally be overcome by the Colts. The Panthers have many guys coming back from injury like big DT Kris Jenkins who has been injured for the past 2 years. Last time he wasn't injured, Superbowl appearance (sp?) for Carolina. Even though I'm a Steeler fan;

The Ravens will make the playoffs but won't make it much deeper with teams like the Broncos, Colts, Pats, and defending champion Steelers, no way they mke the superbowl, or even the AFC Championship.

Superbowl 41

Colts over Panthers 21-17

Edited by Mountain Dew Plunge

The Colts will be lucky to make the Championship game.

It's quite hard to predict a team from the AFC who will get to the Superbowl IMO, I'm going to go with somewhat of an outside pick (some might not think of it as one) and say the Broncos.

Broncos v Cowboys (hey I have to get behind my own team ¬_¬) Superbowl.

No way the Cowboys will make it past the Panthers or Seahawks. The Patriots will finally be overcome by the Colts. The Panthers have many guys coming back from injury like big DT Kris Jenkins who has been injured for the past 2 years. Last time he wasn't injured, Superbowl appearance (sp?) for Carolina. Even though I'm a Steeler fan;

The Ravens will make the playoffs but won't make it much deeper with teams like the Broncos, Colts, Pats, and defending champion Steelers, no way they mke the superbowl, or even the AFC Championship.

Superbowl 41

Colts over Panthers 21-17

Indy bore me now. Peyton's overrated insofar as he can't win the big pressure games. I'm liking the Broncos for the AFC champions, maybe Pittsburgh again. The Lions won't go anywhere because they never go anyhere. It's a transistional year for them, they may improve, but they won't be winning any divisional titles anytime soon. NFC-wise, the championship spot is wide open, I'm thinking maybe Washington, Dallas or Carolina.

I'm meh on Washington, probably because I'm a Dallas fan.

I feel Mark Brunell's season last year was his last hurrah and one or two big hits will be the end for him and the 'skins

Plus their big additions to the recieving core are overrated. Brandon Lloyd is still living off his one 3 TD game, that ended in a loss and Anquan Randle-El throws for more TDs than he catches

Guest Bosstown Boy

Indy bore me now. Peyton's overrated insofar as he can't win the big pressure games. I'm liking the Broncos for the AFC champions, maybe Pittsburgh again. The Lions won't go anywhere because they never go anyhere. It's a transistional year for them, they may improve, but they won't be winning any divisional titles anytime soon. NFC-wise, the championship spot is wide open, I'm thinking maybe Washington, Dallas or Carolina.

Why so quick to count out the Seahawks? They still have their QB, they still have their MVP RB, they still have their young, strong defense. I see them possibly as one-half of the NFC Championship Game at least.

Where did he say he was counting out the Seahawks? He listed three possible NFC teams and said he wasn't sure, he didn't say it would definitely be one of those three or anything.

And a big part of the Seahawks offense is gone with Steve Hutchinson, Alexander won't be as good without him paving the way.