NFL 06/07 Talk

Guest Mighty Mighty Bosstown

Guest The Legend

See, I hate it enough when players retire then return years later...but Seau returning a few days after retiring? W.T.F.

Edited by The Legend

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On Randy Moss:

Well last year was like his first year injured. He depends alot on his QB. With Brooks struggling he's not going to have steallar numbers.

He'll keep playing as long as he can keep catching jump balls in the endzone, and he'll eventually reign in his long game and become a possession reciever due to his size.

Edited by jase12881

Oakland has a running game. LaMont Jordan should have a really good year.

Aaron Brooks has a strong arm and not much else, but he's only completed 2 passes in 2 preseason games so far.

Brooks is also a fairly mobile QB which could benefit Moss as well. Assuming Brooks is forced out of the pocket, plays begin to breakdown and WR's get free from their defenders. This is ideal for Moss, as Brooks can move around and Moss can get open. Of course, Brooks didn't look so hot against the Vikings starting front four.

Brooks is also a fairly mobile QB which could benefit Moss as well. Assuming Brooks is forced out of the pocket, plays begin to breakdown and WR's get free from their defenders. This is ideal for Moss, as Brooks can move around and Moss can get open. Of course, Brooks didn't look so hot against the Vikings starting front four.

The ideal QB is a mobile one, but Aaron Brooks isn't the ideal QB for him, as he needs a talented QB that actually knows, ya' know, how to throw to his recievers accurately. That's why he and Culpepper were perfect for each other. I expect Daunte to have success because he's got Brown, McMichael and Chambers whereas I expect Moss to struggle because nobody can get him the damn ball.

We'll see. Brooks is having a bad pre-season, but I don't know if I'd shut the door on him completely. He's had some very good years to his name. I think if he can get his shit together he could succeed, he has a good WR corp to work with (Porter be damned) and a good back in Lamont Jordan. I think the big problem is the O-Line which got torn apart by the Vikings. I do agree on Culpepper, I really like the weapons that he has to work with in Miami.

Rice to retire with 49ers Click here to find out more!

NFL.com wire reports

SAN FRANCISCO (Aug. 19, 2006) -- Receiver Jerry Rice will retire as a member of the San Francisco 49ers the week of Aug. 20.

Rice, who holds most of the significant NFL receiving records, won three Super Bowls during 16 years with the 49ers. He will sign a contract Aug. 24 at the 49ers' training complex before making his retirement official, the club officially announced. The wideout will be honored again during halftime of the 49ers' game against the Seattle Seahawks on Nov. 19.

The deal for Rice's retirement with the 49ers was informally announced last month.

"This was my home for many years, and this is where so many memories were made," Rice said in a statement. "I thank the entire 49ers organization for the opportunity to stand on the field to say goodbye."

Rice, a 13-time Pro Bowl player, holds NFL records with 1,549 receptions for 22,895 yards and 197 touchdowns. He also leads the league with single-season receiving records of 1,848 yards and 22 touchdowns.

He played four seasons for the Oakland Raiders after San Francisco released him following the 2000 season, reaching the Super Bowl after the 2001 campaign, then suited up for 13 games with Seattle in 2004. He tried out in Denver before retiring from the Broncos last Sept. 3.

"Having Jerry retire as a member of the 49ers is extremely important to Denise and me," owner John York said of his wife, Denise DeBartolo York. "It is equally important to our fans and every former 49ers player that has ever worn the uniform."

Rice, who played at Mississippi Valley State and was inducted into the College Football Hall of Fame earlier in the month, stirred a minor controversy in 49ers camp earlier in the summer.

On his Sirius satellite radio show, Rice said No. 1 draft pick Alex Smith is "not the quarterback of the future" for the 49ers, and called for those who drafted Smith to be fired. Rice softened his statements in subsequent broadcasts, and Smith said he didn't take offense.

================================

Personally I don't think Alex Smith is that great and I think Jerry Rice would know who the future would be. I mean no one knows a QB better than a Wide Receiver. Nice to see him retire as a 49er.

Alright, I'm sick of being positive about the Lions ever year. Every year I defend them, but after last night's atrocity I have to admit that they will probably be awful, again. The team looked so unprepared, nobody made a play, they made bonehead mistakes, and this was supposed to be their dress rehearsal.

I'm not convinced that this coaching staff can get the job done for our team. I'm kind of puzzled as to why Mike Williams has seen such little action this pre-season. I understand Charles Rogers being in the doghouse (expect him to be cut) but Mike has made a few nice catches thus far.

So, I remain a die hard fan, but I go into this season with a bleak outlook.

Same old Lions, as we've said in Detroit for years.

Alright, I'm sick of being positive about the Lions ever year. Every year I defend them, but after last night's atrocity I have to admit that they will probably be awful, again. The team looked so unprepared, nobody made a play, they made bonehead mistakes, and this was supposed to be their dress rehearsal.

I'm not convinced that this coaching staff can get the job done for our team. I'm kind of puzzled as to why Mike Williams has seen such little action this pre-season. I understand Charles Rogers being in the doghouse (expect him to be cut) but Mike has made a few nice catches thus far.

So, I remain a die hard fan, but I go into this season with a bleak outlook.

Same old Lions, as we've said in Detroit for years.

I think they'll do good this year. Mike Martz is going to breathe fresh life into the Offense. Personally I think Matt Millian is a fucking idiot. Maruuchi wasn't bad. You shouldn't interfere with the head coach. Garcia was much better than that fucking no talented Harrington. Marruichi was fired because he refused to start Harrington.

Personally a GM shouldn't have a say in who plays and who doesn't. Especally when he doens't know a damn thing about football.

On mike williams, I'm kinda on the fence with him. He hasn't done anything to really impress me.

Personally a GM shouldn't have a say in who plays and who doesn't. Especally when he doens't know a damn thing about football.

On mike williams, I'm kinda on the fence with him. He hasn't done anything to really impress me.

I think Millen knows football, being an ex-linebacker and all, but he doesn't know how to build a team. I can think of maybe one or two good draft picks he's made. Shaun Rogers being the obvious pick, and maybe Roy Williams and Kevin Jones can help vindicate his awful track record. As it stands, Sims and Bullocks are looking like they'll make an immediate impact.

As for Garcia and Harrington, I'll take Harrington. Garcia has a wet noodle for an arm, and is clearly past his prime. There were games that we lost last year that led me to believe that we could have had Harrington been in the game as opposed to Garcia. I'm also not defending Harrington because he did nothing to endear himself to the city of Detroit either.

I'm highly skeptical about this season, at the very least, I just hope that we are a fun team to watch. I think Kevin Jones will do well, and I think Roy Williams should also have a breakout season. The defense is a huge question mark, but the d-line looks like it could be better than ever if we have all four starters together (Hall, Redding, Rogers, and Cody).

The Patriots absolutely manhandled the Redskins yesterday. Our defense sacked the opposing QB eight times whilst our offense managed to put up fourty-one points. A great outing for our offense, mainly from the passing aspect. Still need some work on running, but that's a matter of the offensive line meshing together. I know it's only preseason, but the Patriots are looking mighty fine even without Branch.

Edited by Mighty Mighty Bosstown

I wouldn't be surprised if the Patriots ran three or even four tight end formations this season. The combo os Graham and Watson is deadly. As far as wide recievers, Troy Brown keeps on going and going.