NFL 06/07 Talk

Guest Mighty Mighty Bosstown

I wasn't 100% serious about the Chargers, but I think they'll do well, I 'unno some sut of gut feeling.

Any team with a power running game can beat the Bears. Run right at them, you'll have success. Force Grossman to beat you, pressure him...he'll fall apart.

Game over.

Grossman doesn't need a lot of help falling apart, but to say the Bears defense can't handle the run is a bit daft. Maybe Tommie Harris and Tank Johnson haven't been playing up to their potential, but when they get it in gear, it's pretty hard to go up the gut.

I find it amusing that American Bears fans are far more cynical and whiny than their English counterparts. Still love ya Biggz, but lighten up a bit, enjoy the moderate success we're seeing.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Grossman's bad, but he's not THAT bad. And I predict that the Bears don't even make it to the NFC Championship team. I don't know who's going to beat them, but it just doesn't seem like the Bears will be going to the Super Bowl this year. I dunno, a gut feeling I 'spose. But I do know that it's going to be the Colts, Chargers or Ravens.

Agreed. The Steelers are a much better team than 4-6. With the current state of the Wild Cards in the AFC they are surprisingly still in the playoff hunt, but they'll almost definitely have to win out. San Diego, Indy, Denver, Baltimore, and New England are likely in... it's a race between Cincy, Pittsburgh, New York, Jacksonville, and Kansas City for the sixth spot. I give the edge to KC myself.

Also, McNabb's gone for the rest of the season.

Dude, Cleveland is almost legit. They lost by ONE to Baltimore, the class of the division. They lost by a touchdown to Martyball in San Diego, by four today against Pittsburgh, lost to Carolina by eight and New Orleans by five. They score one more touchdown a game and they're 6-4 at worst, with overtime against San Diego and a 2-point conversion away from overtime with Carolina. When seven PPG improves your record by three wins, you aren't as bad as your record.

They're still the Browns. Plain and simple. And they always will be.

Just like Cincinatti...they're still the Bungles. And they too will always be the Bungles.

Bring on the Ravens...if the Steelers play like they're capable and don't turn the ball over they have a VERY GOOD chance to beat the Ravens. Twice.

Cleveland are doing well, they struggle to hold leads in that they have going into the second half, in this case they couldn't manage to hold on. Last week they did with Atlanta. Cleveland are a solid team, and Charlie Frye is a great QB in the making and Braylon Edwards is one of the best young WR's in the game.

We got to see Jason Campbell today, and with no Portis he had to throw a lot. He threw a lot to Cooley and Betts which was to be expected, and while I never saw him - just followed on gamecentre - I heard promosing things about him. Shame we lots to the Bucs, but I'm no longer looking at the wins-losses because we're out of it, it's all about Campbell now and getting him ready for next year.

Also Young needs to become more consistant, he's loaded with weapons but 8/22 is pretty shocking - Henry had an on day, he seems to alternate between brilliant and shit quite regularly. Fair play to Tennessee though, there looking like a good team for the future, maybe as soon as next year.

Arizona need to improve their O-Line to give Leinart more time, there making Detroit's DE's look like the best in the league at times. Plus patch a few holes in their defence and then they're sorted and it's just down to Leinart and with his receiving corps he can hardly go wrong.

How sweet it is to be a cowboys fan right now (H)(H)(H)(H)

I've been telling people that the cowboys had a legit chance to beat the Colts but no one believed me (not necessarily on this board).

So I've got two words for all you cowboys haters:

COWBOYS WIN!!!!!!! (You thought I was going to be cliche here didn't you? :D )

Edited by kale

They're still the Browns. Plain and simple. And they always will be.

Just like Cincinatti...they're still the Bungles. And they too will always be the Bungles.

Bring on the Ravens...if the Steelers play like they're capable and don't turn the ball over they have a VERY GOOD chance to beat the Ravens. Twice.