Calming Music

Benji

I'm looking for relaxing music, I find the whole 'singer/songwriter' genre works well, but I wouldn't mind anything else to help me here. So yeah, go ahead and recomend me something to stop me playing the 'Angry Young Man' gimmick.

Benji lost overness for a bad EWR reference.

Howling Bells self titled album.

Normally I wouldn't download an entire album without first hearing a song, but from the name alone for some reason I'm going to take the advice.

And ANY era steelpony, I am open to anything so long as it ends up being good :shifty:

Anything by Mirah.

Also, calming music is the only thing that Moby has ever been good for.

I don't have any Moby and cannot actually name any of his songs, despite knowing I've heard him, but I have been told that before, I shall have to search some songs out.

they have an ugly myspace if you want to hear it.

http://myspace.com/howlingbells

Low Happening is the song that sold me.

Not particularly calming unless you lay back and enjoy it, none the less, they are currently downloading and I know someone else who will definately enjoy them, so cheers.

Death Cab For Cutie, Buckethead (Colma), The New Amsterdams, Electric President, Ennio Morricone (Writes music for films, normally fucking beautiful), Iron & Wine, Jose Gonzalez, Joseph Arthur, KT Tunstall, Michelle Branch, Imogen Heap, Bell X1, Aqualung, The 88, American Analog Set, The Headlights, Broken Social Scene, John Vanderslice, Breaks Co-Op, Eisley, Sufjan Stevens, iLiKETRAiNS.

Some may be a bit obvious. And the ne, "New Amsterdams" album is pretty poor :(. But an old album, "Worse For The Wear" is probably my most listened to album at the moment.

Benji; I suggest the following Moby songs for relaxation...

- "Porcelain"

- "In My Heart"

- "In This World"

- "Another Woman"

All really beautiful songs.

And I can't go a music thread without mentioning The Pillows, so I suggest the following Pillows tracks as well;

- "Subhuman"

- "Beautiful Picture"

- "I want to live like that"

- "Girls Don't Cry"

- "Moon is mine"

- "Climbing on the Roof"

- "Strange Chameleon"

Also, the Cowboy Bebop soundtrack has amazing music too;

- "Space Lion"

- "Blue"

- "Farewell Blues"

- "Memory"

- "Flying Teapot"

- "Adieu"

- "The Egg and I"

- "The Egg and You"

- "The Real Folk Blues"

Now, other, random songs.

- "Blue in Green" by Miles Davis

- "Missing the War" by Ben Folds Five

- "Coffee & TV" by Blur

- "King of Silence" by Cibo Matto

- "Sugar Water" by Cibo Matto

- "Pacifics" by Digable Planets

- "A Movie Script Ending" by Death Cab for Cutie

- "Home Is Anywhere You Hang Your Head" by Elvis Costello

- "Aurora" by the Foo Fighters

- "Rising Sun" by George Harrison

- "Slow Country" by Gorillaz

- "Everyday" by Jamiroquai

- "Hallelujah" by John Cale. Or by Jeff Buckley, but I prefer John Cale's cover.

- "3x5" by John Mayer (I shit you not. As yuppietastic as much of his music is, I think this is a legitimately good song.)

- "Strings That Tie to You" by Jon Brion (off of the Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind soundtrack)

- "Sometimes" by My Bloody Valentine

- "Caring is Creepy" by The Shins

- "New Slang" by The Shins

- "I Just Don't Know What To Do With Myself" by The White Stripes

- "December" by Weezer

- "Eye Know" by De La Soul

And I'm not even getting into The Beatles because those would be obvious and my post is obnoxiously long as it is.

Umm... Tim Phillips, if you can find his stuff. He's the guy who sang Murray Gold's "Song for Ten" during the happy-go-lucky wardrobe scene in The Christmas Invasion, a reference Benji should wub.

I'd suggest finding "Song for Ten" itself, but I've spent days and it's impossible to find.

OBLIGATORY DYLAN SUGGESTION...

Anything from Blood on the Tracks, specifically Tangled Up in Blue or Shelter From The Storm.

Goldfrapp's "Utopia" calms me.

"Somebody to Love" ... yeah. The Queen version. Or the entirely different song with the same name by Jefferson Airplane.

Either Jimi Hendrix or Stevie Ray Vaughn performing "Little Wing", with an honorable mention going to "Wish You Were Here" by Pink Floyd, of course. Then again, I'm horrible at calming music, since I prefer to hear an unforgettable guitar riff for endless amounts of time to calm me down...