Bands you like that seemingly aren't liked by anyone else.

ROC

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tend to like those bands that get so much hype and so much love that people start to hate them...I'm talking about stuff like My Chemical Romance, The All American Rejects, Fall Out Boy, Green Day...etc.

I'm with the James Blunt love, however he's huge in my parts, so...it's not so odd.

Add me to the list of 311, Incubus, Head Automatica, Glassjaw, and Kelly Clarkson fans (although I am getting so absolutely tired of Clarkson's music right now. WAY too much airplay.)

Haven't seen much talk of him here, but I'm starting to like James Blunt's work. "High" is my particular favorite of the moment, and I agree with the sentiment that he could be a new Elton John.

Bands I'd like to throw on the heap:

Abandoned Pools, Apex Theory, 40 Below Summer, American Head Charge, Apartment 26, BT, Chimaira, Clutch, Crossbreed, Days Of The New, Dub Pistols, Earshot, Econoline Crush, Flaw, God Lives Underwater, Gravity Kills, Headstrong, Jem, Moshic, Oleander, Otep, Pelican, Ra, The Bags (REEEEJOICE~!), and Unwritten Law.

Bands I'd like to throw on the heap:

Abandoned Pools, Apex Theory, 40 Below Summer, American Head Charge, Apartment 26, BT, Chimaira, Clutch, Crossbreed, Days Of The New, Dub Pistols, Earshot, Econoline Crush, Flaw, God Lives Underwater, Gravity Kills, Headstrong, Jem, Moshic, Oleander, Otep, Pelican, Ra, The Bags (REEEEJOICE~!), and Unwritten Law.

I miss Clone High.

Edited by ROC

Cinder. God knows why, but NHL '04 started the rot for me with "Soul Creation". Further, the sheer lack of White Stripes love is sad to me, and I have no shame in admitting I will happily fight anyone who flames Meg White and/or her drumming. :wub: her.

Oh, and Brand New. And Arsemuff. Doesn't matter if you've never heard of them, they're a bunch of my friends and by most neutral accounts, they don't suck hard. I'm going to be a whore and shill their myspace ( http://www.myspace.com/arsemuff)

OMG FEEL TEH SHILLING!

That works too. The Alice Bag Band are one of those older LA punk bands that were CRIMINALLY under recorded. If it tickles your fancy, you may find yourself liking their songs We Don't Need the English and Gluttony (this song is intense).

Heard them both after watching "Downfall Of Western Civilization" and going on a huge early punk binge. I think I may try to coerce my bandmates into covering "Gluttony", now that I think it over.

Cinder. God knows why, but NHL '04 started the rot for me with "Soul Creation". Further, the sheer lack of White Stripes love is sad to me, and I have no shame in admitting I will happily fight anyone who flames Meg White and/or her drumming. :wub: her.

I've seen White Stripes music bandied about a few times, and I'm with you concerning Meg White. She might not be the most attractive woman in the world, but moderately attractive + drummer = yes, please.

And Cinder rawks the bawls. The fact they're still going well ("House Full Of No Trust" comes out on August 8th) with a tour opening for Dark New Day shows that they'll be around a bit (Y)

I've seen White Stripes music bandied about a few times, and I'm with you concerning Meg White. She might not be the most attractive woman in the world, but moderately attractive + drummer = yes, please.

And Cinder rawks the bawls. The fact they're still going well ("House Full Of No Trust" comes out on August 8th) with a tour opening for Dark New Day shows that they'll be around a bit (Y)

Edited by theonemankliq

More like most times. ^_^

I get verbally assaulted any time I mention I like Dashboard Confessional, Jimmy Eat World and Billy Talent. So I'll throw those on the pile.

You'll get no sass from me regarding Dashboard and JEW. I don't mind Carraba in small doses, but I hardly ever turn away a Jimmy Eat World song.

I'd say Polysics but it sounds (from his latest e-mail to me) that Bluey is developing a love for them in Japan.

So I'll have to go with: Add N To (X), Ladytron and My Vitriol.

A lot of other groups I love that are obscure are often enjoyed by people at some of the clubs and gigs I go to...

I get verbally assaulted any time I mention I like Dashboard Confessional, Jimmy Eat World and Billy Talent. So I'll throw those on the pile.

Most people on this board seem to like both JEW and Billy Talent. I've not heard anyone really mention Dashboard.

Kelly Clarkson and My Dying Bride. I'm pretty sure Liam listens to MDB, but I never see anyone else discuss them.

Yeah, I do baby, got about 4 of their albums. Any of the big UK Doom bands are pretty sweet, Anathema and Paradise Lost being the other 2 big ones. I've also not seen anyone else discuss them though....except for you, now >_>