O'Leary Is Gone

ONO

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But who are you going to bring in? I really don't think the manager is the problem and he hasn't been for quite a while or at least not the major problem. When your whole team has apparently had a little revolt you have to look further and it seems O'Leary is a scapegoat of sorts.

He's not a scapegoat at all. No one's actually blaming him, they're just using it as an excuse to get rid of him cheaply. And fair play to them for it, I'm glad they did.

I'd piss myself.

Something at Villa needs to be sorted out, the Premiership-era managers have all suffered due to increasing "bad vibes". To be fair, O'Leary wasn't bank-rolled like Gregory, so his job was always an uphill battle. He's still a shit manager though.

O'Leary spent something like 20 million in his time here, which isn't exactly bad.

Over 3 years, it's hardly great financing though - considering what the more generous chairmen/boards of Spurs, Newcastle, Middlesboro, Wigan and Birmingham (although that didn't end too well...) have made available. You could compare it to Sam Allardyce I guess, who has managed to do so much with so little.

All the clubs you named are simply richer in finances than us, though.

O'Leary spent something like 20 million in his time here, which isn't exactly bad.

Over 3 years, it's hardly great financing though - considering what the more generous chairmen/boards of Spurs, Newcastle, Middlesboro, Wigan and Birmingham (although that didn't end too well...) have made available. You could compare it to Sam Allardyce I guess, who has managed to do so much with so little.

Oh, I have no arguement that someone like Gibson (and sure, Gold and Sullivan) are to thank for their clubs money. But Ellis doesn't have the cash they have. That's the problem. I'd -love- the club to be sold to a wealthy - ambitious - board/person - but it seems unlikely.