Most Underrated IMDB Bottom 100 Entry

ROC

Mortal Kombat II was THAT bad and definitely should be lingering around there.

And Crossroads is the worst movie I've ever seen in my life. Now keep in mind, I generally avoid movies that look bad and I'm not counting B-Movies. Crossroads was a movie with a decent enough budget and a ton of hype, yet they churnned out that? It's a horrible movie on every possible level and it's not just because of Britney Spears, she's not even the worst actress in it, that honor goes to Taryn Manning. It's atrocious and watching it makes me want to put a rusty screwdriver through my nutsack.

Mac & Me should not be on there, it's a cute little kids movie from the 80s. And neither should Mr. Nanny, I mean, it's no Suburban Commando, but it's cute.

And the best part of Kazaam was when they talked about it on Stern a few years back and Artie doing his best redneck voice and calling it "Nigger the Genie"

Edited by Zero

"Hobgoblins" and "Merlin's Shop of Mystical Wonders" gave me my two favorite Mystery Science Theater 3000 episodes, so I'm a little on the fence about these two.

I don't think Mortal Kombat 2 was THAT bad...I mean, it was horrible, but not bottom 100 material.

C'mon, Manos is #23 on that list and arguably one of the quintessential MST3k episodes.

And yes, MK2 was that bad. If it wasn't thrown in as a Mortal Kombat movie, then perhaps I'd ease up a bit, plus it has two main things going against it to me: first, it strayed too far into the cornball side of things near the end. Secondly, with the original being one of the few (only?) good game-to-movie adaptations, the sequel just dragged everyone back to the pit :shifty: that is bad adaptations.

The fact that it was one of the best MST3K episodes means it definitely belongs on the list. The whole premise of the show is making fun of the worst excuses for film in history. You have to think, someone made Manos, Hobgoblins, etc. with the intent to make money at the box office, not be spoofed on a TV show. Imagine watching those movies without ever hearing about MST3K and tell me how on the fence you are about them.

And Midget, the Tomb Raider movies are probably on-par with Mortal Kombat for decent game-to-movie adaptations. That's probably pretty much it though... and the future looks bleak as long as Uwe's still around.

Edited by Zero

The fact that it was one of the best MST3K episodes means it definitely belongs on the list. The whole premise of the show is making fun of the worst excuses for film in history. You have to think, someone made Manos, Hobgoblins, etc. with the intent to make money at the box office, not be spoofed on a TV show. Imagine watching those movies without ever hearing about MST3K and tell me how on the fence you are about them.

And Midget, the Tomb Raider movies are probably on-par with Mortal Kombat for decent game-to-movie adaptations. That's probably pretty much it though... and the future looks bleak as long as Uwe's still around.

"What, is Torgo juggling?"

Tomb Raider is respectable, if only for its casting of Chris Barrie.

Oh yeah, and Lady of the Lips.

23. 2.1 'Manos': The Hands of Fate (1966)

IT'S HILARIOUS! Fantastic to watch, a brilliant movie watching experience! So what if it's bad, it's so bad it's good - ergo, it's good!

Also Spice World wasn't all that bad. Not good, but not awful.

Police Academy: Mission to Moscow had Claire Forlani and Forlani is hot!

claire_forlani.jpg

:wub:

I haven't seen them in a while, but when I was a kid I remember liking Neverending Story III (was madly in love with the kid's sister) and the Garbage Pail Kids movie. There are far worse movies out there than a lot of the ones in that list.

I'll echo the 'Freddie Got Fingered' hate. That 'movie' was fucking atrocious. I'd also say that Faust (the comic book adaptation) was one of the most God awful pieces of cinema I've ever seen.

Edited by The Misanthrope

I enjoyed Freddie Got Fingered. See, I went in to seeing it knowing exactly what it was going to be - I had not just seen Tom Green on MTV, but also on his Roger's Cable Show and The Comedy Network here is Canada. It is just a funny movie to me.

I don't think kids films should be rated on this list. Almost all kids movies are not very good when watched by an adult. There are movies on there I watched as a kid that I thoroughly enjoyed.

The thing is, it's possible to make a "kid's" movie that's enjoyable by adults as well. You shouldn't patronise children by feeding them shite films, at least give them something genuinely enjoyable. It's possible to entertain children without insulting their intelligence.

And I will never, ever understand how ANYONE, let alone the huge amounts of people who do, can find Freddy Got Fingered entertaining. I laughed twice, and that was at the word "hooves", and at "No, YOU'VE got a problem with your legs!"

Wait, you say Kazaam and You Got Served didn't suck as bad as Bottom 100 worthy films...then you say Gigli did deserve it? What did Gigli do that those films didn't to deserve that stance, out of curiosity?

Kazaam offered some nice entertainment because even if you didn't like it you could make fun of it... You Got Served was bad, but not bottom 100 bad.

Wait, you say Kazaam and You Got Served didn't suck as bad as Bottom 100 worthy films...then you say Gigli did deserve it? What did Gigli do that those films didn't to deserve that stance, out of curiosity?

Kazaam offered some nice entertainment because even if you didn't like it you could make fun of it... You Got Served was bad, but not bottom 100 bad.

I suppose this'll be a different strokes for different folks case, but I just thought YGS had some of the worst written and acted dialogue in the history of anything, which to me made me think it was bottom 100 worthy. It was entertaining, sure, but certainly in the wrong way.

Yea...because the selling point of You Got Served was the acting and dialouge...

The movie was all about the dance sceenes. And anything in between, was just transition into the next dance scene. All of which were good, if not amazing. (some of the individual dancers) It was never good for what it was supposed to be, which IMO would make it no where near, bottom 100 ever.

I am saying that it's bad for it's horrible, horrible cliches.

I suppose this'll be a different strokes for different folks case, but I just thought YGS had some of the worst written and acted dialogue in the history of anything, which to me made me think it was bottom 100 worthy. It was entertaining, sure, but certainly in the wrong way.