Family Guyyyyy

ravenjuice

So like, I've never liked family guy before. At all, I used to hate it. But the other night me and some mates pulled an all nighter and they put family guy on. I have never laughed so much in my whole life. So my sense of humour must of changed suddenly. Which series are the best? Because I'm looking into buying some. So which ones are the best that are available on dvd in the uk?

Here's the problem with Family Guy. yes, all the episodes are hilarious, the first 15 times you see them. A lot of the humor comes from the absurdity and unexpectedness of the jokes, and the more you watch, the less funny it gets. So if you watch the show, say, every night after work on Cartoon Network, after about 4 months you'll be sick of the show.

The jokes in Futurama, on the other hand, never get tired.

Guest Bosstown Boy

Here's the problem with Family Guy. yes, all the episodes are hilarious, the first 15 times you see them. A lot of the humor comes from the absurdity and unexpectedness of the jokes, and the more you watch, the less funny it gets. So if you watch the show, say, every night after work on Cartoon Network, after about 4 months you'll be sick of the show.

The jokes in Futurama, on the other hand, never get tired.

When it was first debuted, Family Guy was great because it went places no other cartoon in the mainstream had gone. You had both unexpected humor, musicals, and some of the most obscure pop culture references on television.

Now, however, the age is starting to show (not good for a cartoon that is technically only headed towards its fifth season.) The best thing Seth and company can do is give the show more depth. It still stands as a show that has one track, and although it's usually done well, it's still just one track.

I'd honestly still rank it in my top five favorite cartoons right now, but that's more due to the lack of decent cartoons coming down the pike than the show's current quality.

In terms of Family Guy vs. American Dad - Stan (the father) in AD is bloody hilarious, and you get Patrick Stewart (the legend) guest starring. But the fact is that the entire rest of the supporting cast is utterly atrocious. Roger the alien and Klaus the fish deserve death, and the rest of the family just don't interest me at all. Have Stan subsitute in for Peter on FG, and you'll have the best show. :shifty:

In terms of Family Guy vs. American Dad - Stan (the father) in AD is bloody hilarious, and you get Patrick Stewart (the legend) guest starring. But the fact is that the entire rest of the supporting cast is utterly atrocious. Roger the alien and Klaus the fish deserve death, and the rest of the family just don't interest me at all. Have Stan subsitute in for Peter on FG, and you'll have the best show. :shifty:

Simpsons is still the best cartoon out there, personally. If Family Guy, American Dad or a lot of the other cartoon series' would have gone as long as The Simpsons, they'd have had bad times and poor episodes, but the Simpsons, although some of it is poor, have had a really consitently good product over a much longer timespan.

Oh, and Brian smokes Klaus and Roger, by a country mile.

Edited by liamwannabe