Counter Strike: Source

apsham

The more you play the better you get. I used to be quite good, but I've just started playing again for the first time in a good 4, 5 months and I blow.

Other than that try and get to know as many of the maps as possible, once you've got a good idea of even their basic layout you'll notice a massive difference in your score.

Circle strafing is where you run around an opponent in a circle whilst shooting at him. So you can shoot him but he doesn't have a chance to shoot you.

Personally, I prefer twatting him in the little toe with an AWP*.

*I've never actually used an AWP online, and don't suggest you try it it either :shifty:

My advice would be, learn one or two maps at a time. Go to a server that only plays certain maps, and play them as both teams, so that you get a feel for where players go, where you can expect them to come from, good places to ambush them, etc.

Practice makes perfect, basically.

Circle strafing and not holding down the mouse button when you fire. It makes you wildly inaccurate after like 3 rounds. Burst fire at all times. Aim for like the shoulders of your opponent. This way when you burst, you'll hit their head, or at the very least, do some major damage to them. Learn to use the speakers to your advantage. If you're the last one left, it can be your biggest friend when you're crouching and everyone is running.

I haven't played in a VERY long time but I believe the most popular map is still de_dust. Learn that well and you'll start to be good if you use those tips that I listed above.

Circle strafing and not holding down the mouse button when you fire. It makes you wildly inaccurate after like 3 rounds. Burst fire at all times. Aim for like the shoulders of your opponent. This way when you burst, you'll hit their head, or at the very least, do some major damage to them. Learn to use the speakers to your advantage. If you're the last one left, it can be your biggest friend when you're crouching and everyone is running.

I haven't played in a VERY long time but I believe the most popular map is still de_dust. Learn that well and you'll start to be good if you use those tips that I listed above.

Is that the desert one, where you plan the bombs at the locations? I hated that one, last night I was playing on some map that was like... colourful and towers around with a deep pit and stuff. It was fun as there was a place where you could shoot out a wall and the other team always did that and I'd be standing there with a shotgun taking them out one by one as they came through the small hole. That game had a weird system, you started out with a gun and if you killed with it, it upgraded to a better one next round. It was a level system and if you knife killed someone, you stole a level from them.