Newish Albums/Songs that you love?

TAFKA Castroneves

Maybe it is just me, but I don't really get new albums. Got SikTh's the other day, not really listened to it much, and the same goes for Zyklon's before that. Not that they aren't good, just that I've not had time for them.

Current rotations for me is Clutch "Robot Hive/Exodus" or the first SikTh album.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Always Allways and Everybody's Screaming!!! from the new Lostprophets albums are both class.

I don't really buy albums as soon as they come out. I usually download some stuff from a band and then buy their newest album.

I'd like to third the love for "Come What(ever) May", as much as I liked the first Stone Sour album, this one's even better. "Through Glass" is probably my favourite song at the moment.

I've also just found a love for Shinedown's "Us and Them" album. I'd only heard "I Dare You" before yesterday, but damn, that is one hell of an album.

Oh, and Breed 77 have a new album? Why wasn't I informed?

Oh, and Breed 77 have a new album? Why wasn't I informed?

It leaked but they pushed the release date back to coincide with a promotional push in the US, or something like that. I go to the board from time to time (even though I'm not a huge fan of the band, my mate mods there) so I get the news.

There's been so many amazing albums released this year. "Our Darkest Days" by Ignite is probably my favourite. And still gets regular listens. "Progress. Reform" by iLiKETRAiNS is top notch stuff as well. Possibly a little 'samey' but, hopefully by the time they release a full album that will be sorted out, a bit more variety would be nice.

"The Sufferer & The Witness" by Rise Against has been in my playlist for a few months. Much etter than Siren Song. I fucking love "Survive".

I'm desperately trying to get my hands on "Kill Them With Kindness" by The Headlights. The "Enemies EP" was brilliant, and the songs you can download from the site off of KTWK are just as good.

Cannibal Corpse's "Kill", Deicide's "The Stench Of Redemption", Cattle Decapitation's "Karma.Bloody.Karma" and Skinless' "Trample The Weak, Hurdle The Dead" have ALL kicked major ass lately. I am especially positively surprised by the showcasings from Corpse and Deicide, as these new ones are definitively some of their best material even compared to the early discographies.

I also enjoy Stone Sour - Come What(Ever) May. 30/30 - 150 is a brilliant song. Hell and Consequences and Through Glass are great also

Breaking Benjamin - Phobia is a damn fine album also. I absolutely love Evil Angel and Had Enough. Diary of Jane is amazing as well, but I've had it for a while because its the single

Other new albums in my playlist lately include:

Silent Civilian - Rebirth of the Temple

Hatebreed - Supremacy

Three Days Grace - One X

36 Crazyfists - Rest Inside The Flames

Tool - 10,000 Days (I bought a shirt with the album cover on it, I love it)

And I'll have to try and find the new Breed77 album. I've been listening to their older stuff and its all gold.

You, my friend, automatically get :wub:.

Oh No! Oh My! - I Love You All The Time is one song that has been stuck in my head near permanently. I deplore everyone to find it, and at least give it a try. It's infectiously beautiful.

I am currently addicted to Tiga's "Sexor". Great music to get your booty shakin'. Same with half of MSTRKRFT's "The Look", the other half sucks. Chalk up Justin Timberlake in the lovin' pile. Also,

I kind of dig the new Billy Talent. Not as good as their old stuff, but it is good no matter. Love the news Mars Volta, I like it better than their first, but not better than Frances.

Cadence Weapon is currently getting played constantly. Talented guy, and Canadian.