Newish Albums/Songs that you love?

TAFKA Castroneves

Yeah so what is catching your attention at the moment in the music world? What bands, songs or albums are you really into?

For me the main thing has got to be the new Stone Sour album - "Come What(ever) May", it is absolutly stunning all around. It has a mix of all sorts of song types and a lot of personal emotion (that was touched upon by Corey Taylor in the 'Knot's Vol 3 - but not to this extent) that makes it brillant. There is also a decent range of different song styles i.e. - songs like Zzyxx Rd and Through Glass would appeal to pop fans, while songs like 30/30-150, Hell and Consequences and Reborn would be loved by die hard Stone Sour fans. Definatly worth a listen no matter how into rock you are.

Other top albums would be Breed 77's new masterpiece - check out "Empty Words" as that is excellent. Sikth's "Death of a Dead Day" which is also top notch stuff.

I also need to check out more of the Eagles of Death Metal as "I Want you so Hard" is brillant for some more light hearted entertainment.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Second the Eagles of Death Metal love.

I'm enjoying the new Muse album, as I knew I would, as well as the new Gnarls Barkeley single. I'm really looking forward to the new Bob Dylan album too, 'cos that's gonna own like Hell.

Not really new, but I've been listening to loads of Rachel Stevens ATM and she owns. OWNS I TELLS YA.

I love Gnarls Barkley at the moment. I've only actually heard "Crazy" and "The Boogie Monster", but I'm definitely buying the album when I get paid. I don't listen to the radio or go to nightclubs, so I haven't experienced how overplayed he probably is, but those two songs are pure class.

Other than him, there's not much new music I'm in to. The new Television Personalities album from a few months ago is fantastic, though.

The Sound Of Animals Fighting's new album, 'Lover, The Lord Has Left Us' is sublime. Everyone needs to hear at least one track from it. It's amazing.

'Amputechture' is still getting a lot of plays from me too.

As is Cat Power's 'The Greatest' album - although I don't think it's that new, really. Not sure.

I love Gnarls Barkley at the moment. I've only actually heard "Crazy" and "The Boogie Monster", but I'm definitely buying the album when I get paid. I don't listen to the radio or go to nightclubs, so I haven't experienced how overplayed he probably is, but those two songs are pure class.

Other than him, there's not much new music I'm in to. The new Television Personalities album from a few months ago is fantastic, though.

Them. (Y) Sorry, just being anal.

I am some what enjoying Van Hunt's new album.

Really? I've always been corrected when I referred to Gnarls Barkley as "them", and on Wikipedia it referred to "his band", so I assumed Gnarls Barkley was the individual, rather than the collective.

Oh, and I've yet to get round to listening to Lupen Crook's album, but I've heard Matilda V and Lucky 6, and I'm impressed.

Them. (Y) Sorry, just being anal.

I am some what enjoying Van Hunt's new album.

Wow, I thought Cee-Lo sucked before this. Well, maybe he still did. But I like "Crazy". I haven't listened to the regular radio in at least several weeks, so it's perhaps why I still enjoy it... not hearing overplay.

Oh, and Papoose ... "Sharades" and "License to Kill" ... that shit is straight fire.

The Lucksmiths.

Thanks to Skummy for recommending them to me in that thread I made. I've got about 5 or 6 songs of theirs, and they freakin' own.

:wub:

I'm glad I could help. I've heard most of their stuff now, and I'm still yet to hear a song I don't like. They're a really phenomenal band, and it baffles me as to why they're so unheard of.

What ROC said, then the first of what Skumfrog said and add to that Neko Case's Fox Confessor Brings the Flood. Seriously, I could listen to her stuff for hours. She's got amazingly vivid lyrics, reasonably complex compositions and one of the best voices anywhere.

Stone Sour's Come What(ever) May is a CD I really like. I wasn't a big fan of Stone Sour's debut, but this one is quality stuff. I listen to "Through Glass" the most on that CD.

Breaking Benjamin's Phobia is another favorite of mine. "The Diary of Jane" is great as is "Breath."

Another is The Sounds that RM linked me to. I like this CD.