Anti-Bush Administration Albums

Dan

America isn't a democracy

It's a republic.

We vote in something called the electoral college, and they're the ones who make the decision. It's not our fault if Florida can't count, and this happened in the brother of Bush's state that he happened to be governor of.

Everyone complains about Bush because it's popular, half the people don't even know what they're talking about. Bush isn't as bad as some people make him out to be. He's stupid, but he isn't the anti-christ. Liberal media in general would have that role. Not mentioning Bombay, or any of that =/

Plus, let's face it, everyone wants to come out with a song like American Idiot, or something along those lines, that way they can say they were hip and rebellious against George Bush's presidency. Seriously, it's become more of a 'career achievement' than anything to be anti-establishment. They all say the same thing too, 'No nukes in Iraq' etc. yet they don't know jack otherwise as to what has or hasn't been done. Bush has done a bad job, but they should at least get the facts straight as to why he has.

What about the last election which Bush won by the widest margin in like some 20 years?

I'd like to think that was contributed by the fact that no one really cared for John Kerry's campaign and that any issue involving something "against religion" can be spun into a winning campaign.

uh, not necessarily, TOMK. I don't know why punk and the left-wing are associated so much, I'm guessing because all of the hip punk bands now are left-wingers. Punk's just about anger and expressing yourself. There's not supposed to be any one ideal associated with it.

IIRC Johnny Rotten himself was a conservative, and I know Michale Graves is..

uh, not necessarily, TOMK. I don't know why punk and the left-wing are associated so much, I'm guessing because all of the hip punk bands now are left-wingers. Punk's just about anger and expressing yourself. There's not supposed to be any one ideal associated with it.

IIRC Johnny Rotten himself was a conservative, and I know Michale Graves is..

Punk isn't about being 'anti-establishment' or about being anything, really. To me, punk is about having the balls to be yourself, and do what you want to do. It just happens that a lot of punk is anti-authority, because, you know, the kids buy that shit.

Exactly correct.

Punk wasn't really started as a political movement as much as it was a movement to take rock and roll back to it's roots. It just so happened that a lot of the rock and rollers of the punk scene became heavily involved with politics. As DMN correctly stated punk was more of an outlet for the freaks, rejects, misfits, outcasts, and losers to do their own thing. It was a fuck you to the lame ass rock and roll and disco of the 1970s.

Okay. I was pretty much owned there.

Different line of thought: Certainly, I'm as sick of the anti-Bush anthems as the next guy (and I'm left wing)...but even amongst the crap, there's good stuff...certainly, we can all agree on being sick of "Holiday" but "When The President Talks to God" by Bright Eyes is very enjoyable.

America isn't a democracy

It's a republic.

We vote in something called the electoral college, and they're the ones who make the decision. It's not our fault if Florida can't count, and this happened in the brother of Bush's state that he happened to be governor of.

Everyone complains about Bush because it's popular, half the people don't even know what they're talking about. Bush isn't as bad as some people make him out to be. He's stupid, but he isn't the anti-christ. Liberal media in general would have that role. Not mentioning Bombay, or any of that =/

Plus, let's face it, everyone wants to come out with a song like American Idiot, or something along those lines, that way they can say they were hip and rebellious against George Bush's presidency. Seriously, it's become more of a 'career achievement' than anything to be anti-establishment. They all say the same thing too, 'No nukes in Iraq' etc. yet they don't know jack otherwise as to what has or hasn't been done. Bush has done a bad job, but they should at least get the facts straight as to why he has.

What about the last election which Bush won by the widest margin in like some 20 years?

I'd like to think that was contributed by the fact that no one really cared for John Kerry's campaign and that any issue involving something "against religion" can be spun into a winning campaign.

Different line of thought: Certainly, I'm as sick of the anti-Bush anthems as the next guy (and I'm left wing)...but even amongst the crap, there's good stuff...certainly, we can all agree on being sick of "Holiday" but "When The President Talks to God" by Bright Eyes is very enjoyable.