Community Shield

therockbox

_41426195_che_liv_0506.gif

Community Shield

Sun 13 August | 1500 BST

Millennium Stadium, Cardiff

Referee: Martin Atkinson (Yorkshire)

Liverpool will not be tempted to risk striker Robbie Fowler (knee injury) or defender Fabio Aurelio (calf).

Peter Crouch will come into contention for a starting role after being rested to the bench for the Champions League qualifier against Maccabi Haifa.

For Chelsea, Joe Cole and Petr Cech are injured, Claude Makelele gets extra time to recover from the World Cup.

William Gallas is back after failing to link up for the pre-season tour of the USA, but will not feature on Sunday.

It's got 'boring' written all over it.

Of course it does, Chelsea are playing. Although maybe Ballack and Shevy could bring some much needed entertainment to their team.

Chelsea are actually interesting, pragmatic but interesting. Even if they play one striker, they usually play the likes of Lampard, Robben and Cole in the same team who know how to attack. Liverpool are largely dull though, especially with one up front - they keep possession and do nothing with it.

Chelsea to shade it, despite Jose's claims over fitness. No one cares anyway.

Chelsea are actually interesting, pragmatic but interesting. Even if they play one striker, they usually play the likes of Lampard, Robben and Cole in the same team who know how to attack. Liverpool are largely dull though, especially with one up front - they keep possession and do nothing with it.

Personally I just find Chelsea to be a really boring team, and considering the players they have, they really shouldn't be.

I was told about how they were so dull attendances at Stamford Bridge would drop quite a bit at half-time because kids would cry and want to go home.

Personally I just find Chelsea to be a really boring team, and considering the players they have, they really shouldn't be.

I was told about how they were so dull attendances at Stamford Bridge would drop quite a bit at half-time because kids would cry and want to go home.

I don't understand it at all, they grind out 1-0's (like all good League winning teams should do) but they can be a joy to watch. They're concise, pragmatic and deadly on the counter attack. Perhaps it's because I like watching a team where everyone knows exactly what they're doing. It isn't "pure" football in the Arsenal sense, but I still enjoy it for whatever reason.

Every now and again they can be really really entertaining, but those odd times are few and far between. They seem to be doing the old "boring boring Arsenal" phase. I don't know why, but honestly they are the least entertaining top team I think we've had England for the past couple of years.

How funny, the one thing they've done all half is a long ball over the top and it brings it level.

Andy Gray's a twat as well, "oh they've been about the same." Fuck off, we controlled that half right up until the goal, and would've been 2-0 if Garcia didn't get in Crouch's way.

Chelsea were just being outplayed left, right and centre throughout the entire first half. They had two moments, and one of them was a goal. A good goal mind you, but still. At least Chelsea have come out and are trying to play now.