The XBox 360

thatshortguy

I can only see a drop in price when there's a drop in sales, but with Christmas coming up, I only see the rate of sales going up. But then again, they may feel cute and drop the price especially FOR Christmas to capitalize on the growing popularity it's getting.

Someone who studies business will know better. (¬_¬)

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can only see a drop in price when there's a drop in sales, but with Christmas coming up, I only see the rate of sales going up. But then again, they may feel cute and drop the price especially FOR Christmas to capitalize on the growing popularity it's getting.

They've already said there will not be a price drop this year. There is much more talk of the $200 HD-DVD drive being released (making an XBox Premium Pack + HD-DVD drive = PS3 in terms of price) for the holidays than a price drop on the system.

They've already said there will not be a price drop this year. There is much more talk of the $200 HD-DVD drive being released (making an XBox Premium Pack + HD-DVD drive = PS3 in terms of price) for the holidays than a price drop on the system.

Edited by oldskool

I doubt there will be a price drop this year, there doesn't need to be. They lose enough money as it is on hardware and with the PS3 coming with a price tag that's $200 higher, why bother? I mean, I suppose there's the Wii factor, but I don't think that it will have that much of an impact that Microsoft would need to drop the 360's price, especially when MS is practically telling people to buy a Wii anyway to go along with their XBox.

In my opinion either the price will come down or the HD-DVD will come packaged with it or be dirt cheap. The only thing drawing me to an X-Box over the PS3 is the price. If I had to pay for the HD-DVD player once the PS3 is out and there was a marginal price difference once the cost of the dvd player was factored in, I think I'd probably go the PS3. So in my opinion something is going to have to happen price-wise to stop people from going Sony.

I'd wait until the PS3 launches, chances are you will get games, a free HD-DVD player or it will be given a price cut.

Guest clintcasey

Heres some new X-Box 360 news. Microsoft seems to be fixing to redisgn their controlers specificly for first person shooters. Their goal is to make the new controler as percise to control as a computer mouse an keyboard when the new controler is finished.

In other news Microsoft now that Bill Gates has stepped down as chairman of the company microsoft is starting to offer software development tools for their various products as well as X-Box 360 for a reduced price.

For a meere $99 Subscription fee YOU could develop your own X-box 360 games and software. The aim of the project seems to be that eventualy people will be able to code programs for the X-box 360, you can then upload your code and use the X-box Live Arcade as a store front to sell your stuff. Microsoft plans to have this out by the end of the year.

Next Xbox Live Arcade release will be Texas Hold'em

Oh and the full version of the game will be free for the first 48 hours after its release on August 23rd.

So yeah, I guess I'll be getting it