Official Premiership 06/07 thread

Liam

Obviously, there are the big team threads, but here is the thread for just general discussion.

I thought I'd start it 2 days early to discuss who people think will win it, relegation predictions, what teams will do good, bad, whatever.

Personally, I can't see anyone other than Chelsea winning it again....however, if there will be a challenge from someone, I personally see it coming from Liverpool.

Relegation seems to me to really just be all about the 3 teams that have come up, although Wigan may struggle. I'm hoping that Fulham don't get sucked into it again, and maintain a healthy mid table position.

So yeah, thoughts on the new season?

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chelsea will win it again, with the team they've got (barring mass injuries) it's hard to see anybody else topping them. Liverpool/Man Utd to scrap for second again (although I think Liverpool will get 2nd this time) with Arsenal securing a comfortable 4th. Spurs I think could get 5th again, maybe finish 6th, depends how our players adapt to the added games of the UEFA Cup.

For the relegation battle, like Liam said it'll most likely come down to the three teams that have come up.

Personally I think the opening weekend should have all ten games on at the same time, Saturday 3pm, like the end of the season. Not because some teams would be a disadvantage (because they wouldn't, come on, a few hours or even a day isn't going to make any difference) but it'd be good to get every team going at the same time, like how the season ends.

Chelsea will win it again, with the team they've got (barring mass injuries) it's hard to see anybody else topping them. Liverpool/Man Utd to scrap for second again (although I think Liverpool will get 2nd this time) with Arsenal securing a comfortable 4th. Spurs I think could get 5th again, maybe finish 6th, depends how our players adapt to the added games of the UEFA Cup.

For the relegation battle, like Liam said it'll most likely come down to the three teams that have come up.

Personally I think the opening weekend should have all ten games on at the same time, Saturday 3pm, like the end of the season. Not because some teams would be a disadvantage (because they wouldn't, come on, a few hours or even a day isn't going to make any difference) but it'd be good to get every team going at the same time, like how the season ends.

But doesn't the end of the season now not all end at the same time? Or am I just going mental?

And although I like all the live games, it seems criminal that often you have only 4,5 or 6 games at 3pm on a Saturday.

Chelsea to win it.

I think a surprise team might just edge into the top 4, Spurs or maybe Everton.

Jason Roberts and Benni McCarthy (RAM) to be a very good partnerships and get around 30 goals for the season between them in all competitions.

Sheff Utd, Pompey and maybe Man City for the drop.

Guest Chasing Ringy

Don't see Chelsea winning it myself. On paper, absolutely, but for some odd reason, I see Liverpool or Man Utd taking it. Chelsea players seem to have too much pressure on them, and Liverpool has built a solid team whereas Man Utd gave Chelsea a good run for their money with the likes of Ryan Giggs and John O'Shea in central midfield. Guess we'll just have to see. Oddly enough, I predict Chelsea to lose to Blackburn (which is their second or third game) and to take a slight dip in form which may hurt them in their quest for victory.

I have been fucking despairing over the state of this Charlton team of late, but I am now prepared to get on my soapbox and retract a good half of the insults I have directed at Iain Dowie. With Andy Reid - the creative midfielder we need, Spurs fans? - we have a big piece of the puzzle in our hands, and while the end of the season slump always hamstrings us, I'm still going to predict a low European place for us.

I have been fucking despairing over the state of this Charlton team of late, but I am now prepared to get on my soapbox and retract a good half of the insults I have directed at Iain Dowie. With Andy Reid - the creative midfielder we need, Spurs fans? - we have a big piece of the puzzle in our hands, and while the end of the season slump always hamstrings us, I'm still going to predict a low European place for us.

Guest Chasing Ringy

Andy Reid upset me. He clearly had talent, but he was unfit 90% of the times he played. He was like a worse version of Jermaine Jenas. If Dowie can get him fit, then he's got something good on his hands.

And I suspect Bolton and Wigan will extremely underachieve this season as well.

And I suspect Bolton and Wigan will extremely underachieve this season as well.

Good point. Bolton's squad size has been cut alot and very few transfers in. Wigan's main signing has been Heskey for 5m. That's not a good sign.

Chelsea to win it.

I think a surprise team might just edge into the top 4, Spurs or maybe Everton.

Jason Roberts and Benni McCarthy (RAM) to be a very good partnerships and get around 30 goals for the season between them in all competitions.

Sheff Utd, Pompey and maybe Man City for the drop.

Quote it, You will be far closer to going down than a UEFA cup spot. Assuming we are saying 5-7th will be UEFA cup spots, then I would rank Spurs, Rovers, Everton, West Ham and Newcastle in the race for those spots. The only way City are getting an UEFA cup spot next year is thanks to the Intertoto.

Personally being a Season Ticket holder the fans are beinging to think that this is the year Pearcy will start his march up the table.

Last season was his first full season in charge and now i think we will see some serious progress.

However Barton would be much more of a captain than Dunne.