Woohoo! Snakes on a Plane

Guest clintcasey

Is it just me, or is this the dumbest idea for a movie? Snakes on a plane? Are you kidding me? The only reason I'll go to see this movie is if I need a good laugh. This movie is gonna be so bad it's gonna be funny.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it just me, or is this the dumbest idea for a movie? Snakes on a plane? Are you kidding me? The only reason I'll go to see this movie is if I need a good laugh. This movie is gonna be so bad it's gonna be funny.

Perhaps you haven't heard of Barbershop and then the much maligned sequel Barbershop 2.

It's hilarious that people apparently expected this to be good, it was the off the wall premise and amazingly retarded plot that made it a hit on the internet, of course it's not good.

Samuel was on Radio 2 and the whole thing was full of various ways of saying "Yes but why are you in this movie?" but to his credit he kept pushing it. Then he said Liverpool had a chance of winning the Premiership.

I saw him do a funny interview with Jon Stewart on the Daily Show about the movie. Yeah, Sam Jackson makes any movie look like it'll be the best damn movie ever made.

Actually... it is quite good. (Just got back from the cinema from seeing it).

It's pretty camptacular, really. Pretty much just every plane disaster movie cliche and disaster movie stereotype (hey, look, an uptight British man! And there's a mother with a baby! Hi, token guy with actual fighting skills!) except with snakes, mixed together to produce a movie that certainly isn't good in the sense that it's an actual good movie, but is a lot of fun.

One of the most amusing parts to me was that the two most awesome methods of killing the snakes had nothing to do with Sam Jackson.

(hey, look, an uptight British man! And there's a mother with a baby! Hi, token guy with actual fighting skills!)

Those are stereotypes?

In crappy disaster movies? Yes. You always have the annoying, self-centered bastard who either gets what's coming to him or has an amazing life-changing revelation at some point in the movie, and there's always the woman with the kid for sympathy value.

EDIT: And maybe "stereotypes" is the wrong word, but what the fuck ever, I wrote that post within ten minutes of waking up from two hours of sleep.

Edited by GoGo Yubari

(hey, look, an uptight British man! And there's a mother with a baby! Hi, token guy with actual fighting skills!)

Those are stereotypes?

In crappy disaster movies? Yes. You always have the annoying, self-centered bastard who either gets what's coming to him or has an amazing life-changing revelation at some point in the movie, and there's always the woman with the kid for sympathy value.

EDIT: And maybe "stereotypes" is the wrong word, but what the fuck ever, I wrote that post within ten minutes of waking up from two hours of sleep.

Archetypes I think would be a better word. But I may be wrong. Just sort of certain character personas that are in all disaster flicks.

Those are stereotypes?

Those are stereotypes?

Archetypes I think would be a better word. But I may be wrong. Just sort of certain character personas that are in all disaster flicks.

Stock characters is the term I think you may have been looking for, GoGo.

Both are applicable, I think.

And there are way more awesome ways to kill a snake in a plane than flushing them down the toilet, as this movie proves.