2006/2007 Hockey Season Thread

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Flames played like shit in that entire series. It definitely all goes back to the Kipper who made them challenge Detroit. Not sure where it starts because when you really look at it, if the Flames team plays like it has been capable of they are more or less unstoppable. It's unfortunate for them that they haven't been able to play to that level for more than a few times this season.

...are you fucking nuts? Can you imagine the parade if Ottawa won the cup? Or New York? Or Buffalo? Buffalo has been through a whole ton of shit with bad owners and bad budgets and if they win the cup this year, they may never stop celebrating. Ottawa's only been the team to beat the last 8 years, if the choking dogs manage to pull it out and win the cup that city will be set on fire. And if New York knows how to do anything, it's throw a parade. And kill the homeless.

...and imagine how boring it will be if the New Jersey Devils win the Stanley Cup. Again.

But imagine how awesome it would be if they had a sellout!!

To be fair, Devils are smashed in between Rangers and Flyers country. How can you expect them to develop a strong following? If that was my franchise I'd have moved them to assure that we'd be drawing in even more money thanks to our success.

Edited by damshow

New Jersey employs a fantastic style of hockey that we all know and hate. 'Couver used to do it much better before the Lockout, same with Calgary. Difference being that unline BC and Alberta where that's the only team, there's Buffalo, NYI, NYR, Jersey, Philly and Boston all in the Northeast. Jersey plays such boring hockey, why would you want to go watch it. I'll be honest, in the games Montreal played Jersey, yeah, Jersey played fantastic hockey, but it was also fantastically boring and by the 2nd period I would change stations.

...and imagine how boring it will be if the New Jersey Devils win the Stanley Cup. Again.

To be fair, Devils are smashed in between Rangers and Flyers country. How can you expect them to develop a strong following? If that was my franchise I'd have moved them to assure that we'd be drawing in even more money thanks to our success.

I should also get this out of the way:

San Jose @ Detroit

Intresting but if Detroit plays like they did in the first round. It will be a walk. Wings in 6.

Vancouver @ Anaheim

Good storylines here. Brian Burke's Revenge? Pronger-Niedermayer vs The Sedins. Vancouver in 7.

NYR @ Buffalo

Still bitter about what happened to the Islanders. I hope Avery pisses all of them off. Rangers in 7.

Ottawa @ New Jersey

Payback Time. Ottawa in 6.

Sorry Clawson, maybe we should sign forty year old forwards and mix them with unproven goaltenders so we can give up five goals a game and miss the playoffs.

Sorry, I don't want to wait sixty years for a Stanley Cup.

Guest Grapehead

6/8 in my first round predictions... not bad since I dont follow the west as much as the east

Ottawa vs New Jersey

Buffalo vs Rangers

Sharks vs Red Wings

Ducks vs Canucks

Ottawa vs Buffalo

Ducks vs Red Wings

Ottawa vs Ducks

Honestly, my whole perception of teams have changed, and thus my end result for the Cup has changed. I really think Ottawa would win the cup if everything played out exactly like this.