2006/2007 Hockey Season Thread

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I get it, but my brother's an Ottawa fan so we're watching that game right now. I was hoping the game was going to make him cry, but I think I may be the one to shed tears on this one...lol

Plus I've gotta watch Sidney. He's about as close to a hometown hero as we have seeing his home is like 3 hours from here.

Edited by The Enforker

Yeah, I get it, but my brother's an Ottawa fan so we're watching that game right now. I was hoping the game was going to make him cry, but I think I may be the one to shed tears on this one...lol

Plus I've gotta watch Sidney. He's about as close to a hometown hero as we have seeing his home is like 3 hours from here.

That's the refereeing for you, and Cherry had it right during Intermission. It's the playoffs, and these bullshit calls can't be happening. Phantom hook, disallowed goal. I'd be hollering conspiracy if I thought it would matter.

The Sens are going to pay for nothing. Pittsburgh is still in playoff diapers. Talk to me in 2009.

They are so far behind the Sens in terms of power and poise at this point it's embarassing.

Funny thing though is that the Sens usually come out big in the first couple games, then they get comfortable and start making mistakes. Whether that happens with The Penguins, I don't know, but if not, then next series it's going to be a whole different Ottawa team.

Though the score doesn't show it, Marc-Andre Fleury played a good game and I hope that he gets the chance to start Game 2.

On the subject of Nashville/San Jose, I just switched over for the third period, and after seeing the Hartnell hit on Cheechoo, I agree with the announcers on the sentiment that Hartnell should not be punished further for what happened, as it genuinely did look like he was going for a hit, and the knee on knee was just an unfortunate occurance.

I know the Leafs fan in me is engineered to hate this, but I can't help but look at it as a fantastic fuck you to Gary Bettman, and any such fuck you is a fuck you I can get behind. :D

MAF played a good game?! Are you nuts? He couldn't handle a rebound to save his life, he was all over the ice, he made even the easiest saves look like gamebreakers that could've gone either way. He was shakier than me after 12 lattés.

Nashville/San Jose was a crazy game!!! Hopefully many more like it in this series!

And the reffing has been bullshit all night. The Sens/Pens could've had a great final 10 minutes if the refs didn't decide that, at no point during that time, could the teams play even strength. It was always a PP. Pathetic. And them getting in the way of two fights was also pathetic. I understand breaking up scrums, but when players are SQUARING OFF, you don't just pull them apart! Pathetic.

MIN/ANA and DAL/VAN have both sucked.

Bah I'm late for the predictions. Oh well, only 3 games done so far.

Buffalo over New York in 4 games.

New Jersey over Tampa Bay in 6 games.

New York over Atlanta in 6 games.

Ottawa over Pittsburgh in 5 games.

Calgary over Detroit in 7 games.

Anaheim over Minnesota in 6 games.

Vancouver over Dallas in 6 game.

San Jose over Nashville in 6 games.

Ottawa and Pittsburgh game sucked. Too many bad penalties. I'm still undecided who I'm cheering for in that one. GYS, Fleury had a shaky first 10-15 mins, but played great in the second period. I quit watching in the third for the Nashville / San Jose game, which was awesome.

I didn'tw atch much of Anaheim / Minnesota, but from what I did it was a good game. Vancouver and Dallas is good in the overtime, but didn't watch the first three periods so I can't comment on that.