Official 2006 College Football Season Thread.

ROC

Damn just finished watching the BGSU-Buffalo game and my hopes from BG go down by each game, Buffalo is supposedly a bottom feeder of the confrence, yet it takes us 3 overtimes to get the win. Granted our Special Teams are blowing it with 2 block punts for 2 touchdowns in the past 2 games, and the fact that both teams missed extra points on consecutive touchdowns which is just terrible.

Well, it's fairly obvious that Bama is slowly imploding. Let's hope for a certain change.

Darby just looks horrible, almost as if he's a fullback with very little skill.

FSU - Jeff Bowden Sucks. If he could mold a QB Weatherford and Lee have the TALENT, but not the coaching. And the Rushing is just not there for some reason, with decent backs. Bowden just sucks, thank God for Mickey Andrews.

Oh and Animal's son did a great job tonight.

Edited by ACCBiggz

He's given more to PSU than PSU has ever given him.

Besides, if he's nothing more than a figurehead, as you claim, then getting rid of him does nothing. If he's not calling the plays or gameplanning, then it dosen't really matter if he's there or not.

JoePa IS Penn State, when he leaves, it will be a dark day.

FSU done ? Please, EVERY YEAR they slop a win out at home (see UAB) ... And Biggz, please don't get me started on Jeff needing to be GONE as of 3-4 years ago. It's so painful. They've overcome despite him, and this year will be no different. Story of the game against Troy, was FOUR turnovers for the Noles. 7 of Troy's points came off of a 31 yard drive. That, and FSU played like shit against the pass.

Texas will lose another, if not two more games.

JoPa will leave one way and one way only. Heart attack in the locker room after a bad first half...yelling at the players

JoePa IS YOUR University. Get the fuck over it, all people that call for that need to hang themselves so you can stop the constant whining of a coach that built your university, and continues to donate tons of money to the institution. Fuck Off.

Edited by Evil Chase K

FSU done ? Please, EVERY YEAR they slop a win out at home (see UAB) ... And Biggz, please don't get me started on Jeff needing to be GONE as of 3-4 years ago. It's so painful. They've overcome despite him, and this year will be no different. Story of the game against Troy, was FOUR turnovers for the Noles. 7 of Troy's points came off of a 31 yard drive. That, and FSU played like shit against the pass.

Texas will lose another, if not two more games.

Done.

Oh, they might win the ACC, but thats only because there's no real competition in that 'super conference'. They'll probably lose to Florida, and if there's any justice, Va Tech or Clemson (I'm not sure if they play either). They'll, once again, limp into a BCS bowl, but this time they won't get a team that was as lucky as Penn St., and hopefully will lose to one of the two Mid Major possibilities to get into the BCS, Boise State or TCU.

In short, their defense is good, but not to FSU standards. Their offense is horrid, wether its coaching or not matters little. The whole state of Florida, in terms of the big three, has been declining for awhile, and are on the verge of being meaningless in the big picture, unless the Gators can do something in the SEC.

no comp ? hhmmmm ..... Clemson, Va Tech, Miami all ranked in the top 25, GaTech and BC in the top 30 .... last year the ACC had 5 teams in the top 25 BCS rankings, tied with the Big 10 for most ..... There is PLENTY of comp

the only thing they aren't doing is playing up to THEIR standards ... the D is amazing on anyone's standards ..... the only reason that everyone is down on them is because only FSU fans still have the 'name recognition' that you're used too

I'm just un-impressed by the ACC as a whole, and Florida college football as well. The ACC is overhyped, badly. They aren't on the level of the SEC, or the Big 10. Hell, I'd put the Pac 10 up there too, if anyone had been really challenging USC lately.

And you're right, its more of comparing FSU to their own standards than anything else. But thats what happens when you build a reputation like that.

And you're right, its more of comparing FSU to their own standards than anything else. But thats what happens when you build a reputation like that.

Honestly I think that's their biggest problem .... trying to 'play up' to their past.

The ACC has a hard time getting the rep in football because FSU dominated the conference from day 1 of entering it ..... everyone forgot that GaTech, Clemson, and UVA were GOOOOD at that time.

As much as they've hurt it though, I feel that FSU has helped raise the level of the conference (see NCSTATE - CLEMSON for immediate reference). The additions of VaTech and UM are helping to dispell the 'basketball conference' stigmata.

The ACC did though, have 8 of the twelve teams get to bowls, going 5-3

I hate though trying to figure out which conference is the best because it is all relative and subjective. Hard to have a debate when the subject matter isn't uniform. So instead, I'd rather just try to show that the ACC is probably a better football conference than most would think.

Its not bad, its just not 'the best', as I've heard many people try to claim. Especially this year. FSU isn't up to FSU standards, Miami isn't up to Cane standards, VaTech I can't talk intelligently about, so I won't. The second tier, which usually consists of BC, Clemson, GaTech, and NC State is down, as the Ramblin' Wreck still struggles with the fact that Reggie Ball is a bad QB, Clemson could be good, BC should be its usual solid self, but NC State is WAY down, as they lost a lot on defense, and their QB is bad. Maryland is down from where it was just a few years ago, UNC isn't scaring anyone, and Duke and Wake Forest... well... they're smart, but Duke is always going to be a basketball school. I think thats everyone in the ACC. I see 5, maybe 6 bowl teams this year, but only 1-2 bowl wins, and no BCS win. Its a down year in the conference.