360 or PS3

SwantonEdge

Well, I think it's about time I start to think about upgrading to the next generation. Both consoles have a lot of good and bad factors to me. On the one hand, the 360 is out now and a lot cheaper. But on the other hand, I have to be admit to being a bit of a Sony loyalist and you just know the PS3 graphics are gunna kick ass. Also, my favourite game at the moment is Guitar Hero and I'd have to sell my PS2 to upgrade so I'm in a bit of a bind. Is there any word of GH coming to X-Box?

What are your opinions? Do I wait and stay loyal or splurge now? I can't make my own decisions so do it for me!

PS3 graphics have there advantages over the 360 but the 360 also has graphical advantages over the PS3. Neither will have notable differences, really.

And don't reply with a smartarse 'have you played the PS3' comment. It's all in the specs and the video previews.

Edited by mAXi

I was a Sony loyalist myself, but I'm making the switch to XBox now.

They have a ton of good titles out right now, it's a smart choice fiscally, and the graphics look pretty much on par with PS3. Plus the only game you'll really miss out on by having XBox 360 is the new Metal Gear Solid, but by the time that is out PS3 might be cheaper. I love MGS, but I don't want to pay 600 bucks to buy it either.

A lot of people are jumping off Sony's bandwagon and rightfully so but I have a feeling they're gonna get back to top form after Christmas and the start of next year. The launch will suck no doubt about it.

if you want to have next gen as soon as its released then I say go for the Wii

but if you can stick with the current gen for a while , thats what I'd do and pick up a ps3 next year

A better question would be: 360 or Wii? Or at least, that's the question I'll be asking.

One of my main concerns is that I still cannot bring myself to trust Microsoft. In any respect. Does this attitude have some substance behind it or am I just being prejudiced and silly? :shifty: