Official Toronto FC Thread

Guest Mr. Potato Head

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Koupa Troopa

The blood that trickled from Mourihno's nose spelt "I'M NOT PLAYING FOR THIS SHIT TEAM" on the pitch as ATIBA rode off on his motorcycle made from the removed limbs of his foes.

• 2 months later...
Guest Mr. Potato Head

TORONTO (CP) - Toronto FC will flesh out its expansion MLS roster by announcing the signing of Canadian defenders Adam Braz, Chris Pozniak and Marco Reda on Wednesday.

A source confirmed Tuesday that the three will be introduced at a news conference the team has called for Wednesday morning at the CN Tower.

Toronto FC, which kicks off next spring, already has Canadian international midfielder Jim Brennan under contract. Coach Mo Johnston added 10 more players in last Friday's expansion draft but moved four of them, including Canadian international Adrian Serioux, who was dealt to Dallas along with a second-round draft pick for Irish midfielder Ronnie O'Brien.

Braz, 25, has been with the Montreal Impact most of his career but spent 2003 with Sweden's Vasteras SK.

Pozniak, 25, joined Norway's Haugesund FK in 2004 from Sweden's Orebro.

Reda, 29, spent last season with Sogndal of Norway after playing for Danish side Aalborg in 2005. Like Pozniak, he is a former member of the Toronto Lynx.

Braz and Pozniak both played in Canada's most recent game, a 1-0 loss in Hungary last Wednesday. It was the 10th cap for Braz and 17th for Pozniak.

Reda was not called up for the Hungary contest but played the two previous games against Jamaica. He has six caps.

Expansion draft picks still with Toronto are forwards Nate Jaqua and Jose Cancela, midfielders Paolo Nagamura and Rod Dyachenko and defenders Tim Regan and Ritchie Kotschau.

The team is also working on adding goalkeeper Greg Sutton, a Canadian international who has played in Montreal most recently.

The Toronto club will add to its roster at the league SuperDraft, scheduled for Jan. 12.

And it has scheduled open tryouts for next month, offering space to 1,000 people at $115 a shot.

Toronto FC, the MLS's 13th franchise, begins play in April 2007 at BMO field, currently under construction near the downtown waterfront.

From the pictures I've seen and what I have heard, BMO Field is going to be a really great place for a professional soccer team to play. I wonder how many people in Toronto are going to go to the games, though. I can see it going either way, a great success or a struggle to fill the seats.

• Admin

We should also mention that they've got Mo Johnston as a manager. Not the best of managers based on his last record, but he definately is talking a lot. He claims he's going to bring back Paul Stalteri and Gooz "back home", which I really don't see happening, but it's fun to see he's motivated.

They're more than welcome to Paul fucking Stalteri.

:)

Guest Ringo Sparkles

Various North Americans footie analysts are already branding Toronto FC as a Maple Leafs style club (their words, not mine :P), who's only interested in making cash and nothing else because of the shitty artificial pitch they'll be using.

This is gonna be fun.

Various North Americans footie analysts are already branding Toronto FC as a Maple Leafs style club (their words, not mine :P ), who's only interested in making cash and nothing else because of the shitty artificial pitch they'll be using.

This is gonna be fun.