The Sports Betting thread

Liam

Have had a very ordinary run lately, so I tried to reverse my fortunes with a multi I though was a certainty. Ferrero, Tsonga and Zverev all pulled through for me, but Söderling cost me big time. Made even worse as a Monfils special against Benneteau lost be another fiver.

I don't like multis, which is why I did one for UFC 110 tomorrow:

Bisping

Bader

Bonnar

Stevenson

$5 @ $12.78

Would be swell if Zverev and Tsonga win as well (I'm a stubborn bastard and refuse to admit defeat against Llodra and Benneteau!)

• 4 weeks later...

When you say tips regarding horses, what do you mean? Have I been told some horses to back, or just general tips for backing?

As for the forecast, it is a nice looking bet, as Master Minded should romp home.........however, he has been a bit suspect recently, which is why he is going off at 5/6, when arguably his price should be even shorter. Also, as you are basically going 1st favourite to beat the second favourite, the returns won't be great. I personally have put Twist Magic down as the bet I fancy, more as an e/w prospect, as Master Minded is too short to back on its own.

One tip with the festivals is to do E/W Lucky 15's or 31's (15 = 4 selections, singles, doubles, trebles and an accumulator, 31 = 5 selections, singles, doubles, trebles, 4-folds and an accumulator) and look for bigger priced horses (maybe 8/1 or above) that you might fancy. That way, you'll be getting a decent price even if they just place, and 4 or 5 horses placing could still lead to a decent payout.

My bet yesterday had no winners, but all 4 placed. The prices were 4/1, 5/1, 15/2 and 16/1 (which admittedly made a lot of difference), and I ended up picking up £45 off of a 20p E/W Lucky 15, total stake £6.

As for my bets today, my first horse is a non-runner, so not a great start. Probably shouldn't have placed the bet till today, but oh well.

Bah, after my horse was taken out of the first race, I debated putting a £1 e/w on Poker de Sivola to win, but decided against it. Typically, the horse won at 14/1, though it was 18/1 when I debated the bet.

Edited by Liam

Had 3 accas on with Blackpool letting me down on one and Kettering and Charlton another. Still got one in play though, Everton, Wigan and Arsenal - so I need them to win in the evening KO to cover my losses and win a little bit too. Was also tossing up between Arteta and Cahill for the Everton first goalscorer. Guess what I went for. >_<

But yeah I think a lot of people will be glad Wigan scored right at the death. Cutting it fucking fine there.