Finding out about sampled songs

MalaCloudy Black

Are there any websites kind of similar to coversproject I guess, that tell you which artists have sampled what song? I'm listening to The Delfonics' "La-La Means I Love You" and I swear I've heard it sampled somewhere before..

Everyone seems to think Puff Daddy/P Diddy/Puffy/Diddy's "Come With Me" was a disaster, and disrespectful for using Zep's "Kashmir," but I liked it. It was a very nice change from usual hip-hop.

I liked it too, and agree that it was unique because he was trying something different. I don't see why people thought it was disrespectful though, considering Page re-recorded the song for him.

Hmm, thanks for the link Jimmy, but I didn't find that particular song on there. I swear that I've heard someone rap over a sample of "La-La Means I Love You". I want to say Common, but..

Everyone seems to think Puff Daddy/P Diddy/Puffy/Diddy's "Come With Me" was a disaster, and disrespectful for using Zep's "Kashmir," but I liked it. It was a very nice change from usual hip-hop.

I liked it too, and agree that it was unique because he was trying something different. I don't see why people thought it was disrespectful though, considering Page re-recorded the song for him.

I don't see how it makes the artist look less talented at all. A rap album is usually a two person thing - the rapper and the producer. The rapper usually doesn't have much at all to do with producing the beat, they just rap over it.. so it really just sort of makes the producer look less talented.