X360 Gamertag Question

alldaws1

Is there a way to change your gamertag/profile name on X360? I had it as 'Adam' until I tried out Xbox Live yesterday and was forced to change it to 'alldawson' because 'Adam' was already taken. Now I'm offline, I want it back to 'Adam' rather than 'alldawson' and I haven't been able to find a way to change it back? Is there a way to do this, or am I stuck with 'alldawson' forever? :(

Once your profile is linked to your gamertag, I don't think you can remove it (without unlinking/linking the gamertag everytime you go offline/online).

And once you pick your gamertag name, you're stuck with in until the subscription expires. Or. You can pay however many Microsoft Points (you can buy them with a credit/debit card from Xbox Live) to change your gamertag to whatever you want (unless it's already taken of course).

I think it's 400 or 500 Microsoft Points to change your gamertag, and it was about £18 for 2000 Microsoft Points.

In fact, I'm going to look it up for you.

----------

Alright, once you log into Xbox Live, click your gamer card (the thing with your star rating on it) and it should have the list with 'View Games', etc. Select the 'Edit Gamer Profile', then select 'Gamertag'. Then you can change it for 800 MPs. Yes, 800.

1000 MPs is £8.50. 500 is £4.25. There's no difference than getting two lots of 500 so don't worry about it. I'd just get the 1000 and use the extra 200 to get something small but nice (like a gamer picture pack or something). (H)

As far as getting you actual name to show up in the dashboard, I don't think you can do it. Does it really matter?

Edited by The Kraig

I hate this whole paying for content concept. Especially for examples like Madden, where EA are going to charge for alternate kits and historic stadiums (that incidentally are prepackaged with the other formats' versions), yet they haven't had the courtesy to release a game without any serious bugs (fatigue). Fuck X-Box, it's ruined gaming.

I hate this whole paying for content concept. Especially for examples like Madden, where EA are going to charge for alternate kits and historic stadiums (that incidentally are prepackaged with the other formats' versions), yet they haven't had the courtesy to release a game without any serious bugs (fatigue). Fuck X-Box, it's ruined gaming.

How does that make a difference? It's still not on.

It's particularly bad when the stuff is freely avilable on other platforms. You shell out extra to buy next gen games, you shouldn't have to cough up further to get stuff that everyone else gets anyway.

And I haven't bought anything. When did I say I did?

The way you talk makes it sound like you are saying that the 360 is the problem when SOCOM and various other XBOX/PS2 games had paid premium content.

Sure pricing seems a bit out of hand on some stuff($2 for Horse Armor in Oblivion?) but that's just the way the industry was working towards. Even if Microsoft were to not allow it PS3 probably would still have had a paying system.

True. But the Middle Earth game for the 360 licks ass if that's what you're refferring to. The demo I played...it was just so bad. It clearly needs a mouse to play properly. It's almost like making Civ for a console, it just can't work.

And yeah, EA Sports are bad. I'm not a big fan of the American sports either, so any quality there is wasted for me. And remember the WCW games? LOL. And I do mean, LOL.

It comes down to a company by company basis.

Dead Rising gives out costumes for free, for instance.

Exactly. It's EA, not Xbox who are the money grabbing bastards here.

In personal trivia: I've yet to find an EA game that's actually good.

And I assumed you could unlink your gamertag, in a similar fashion as when you link it. Only people who had an old gamertag (from the original Xbox Live) could 'recover' their gamertag on the 360 so this may sound like a load of bollocks to you. I'd rather not piss about with it, incase you accidentally cancel your subscription.