Halloween Horror Movie Mania

Dr. Rated-R

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad you have the original House On Haunted Hill

[sarcasm]

Come on, man. The remake is a MUCH better movie. I mean, it's got Chris Kattan for Christ's sakes and you know everything he appears in turns into solid fuckin' gold.

[/sarcasm]

Just found something really... disturbing though. They want to make a sequel to that shit remake.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Return_to_House_on_Haunted_Hill

...I seriously don't know why such stupid people live for so long.

Ginger Snaps, though, it seems I'm the only one who hugely loves it. I liked the remake of The Hills Have Eyes, though, I'm all alone on that, too. There's also May, which isn't good or anything but it works at being really really creepy.

The first Ginger Snaps is great, if you can get past the horrid effects at the end.

The Hitcher (1986)

Creepshow (1982)

The Opium Eater (Vincent Price is awesome in this movie)(1962)

THEM! (1954)

Heavy Metal (1982)

The Shinning (1980)

Night of the Hunter (1955) (A MUST SEE!)

Scanners (1981) (Makes my list because of an Exploding Head)

The Birds (1963)

Event Horoizon (1997)

Silent Scream (1980)

City of the Living Dead (Woman pukes up her own guts) (1980)

The Evil Dead (1981) (Girl gets raped by an evil tree....an EVIL tree.)

Zombie (1980)

Price of Darkness (1987)

Texas Chainsaw Massacare (1974) (The origninal is much better)

When a Stranger Calls (1974) (Once again Original= Superb)

Jaws (1975) (Some great scenes in this movie that can scare the shit out of you if you don't know they are coming.)

An American Werewolf in london (1981)

Salem's Lot (1979)

Seven(1996) Full of Surprises

The Thing (1982)

Alien(1979)

Twlight Zone: The Movie

Halloween(1979)

Suspria(1977)

Misery(1990) (Simply for the Hobbiting scene. Kathy Bates ties down dennis hopper, places a large block of wood between his feet and then snapps his ankles using a sledge hammer.)

Night of the Living Dead (1968)

Deleiverence (1972)

Ah forgot one other one... LAST HOUSE ON THE LEFT! Will scare the shit out of you.

Edited by Smooth Criminal

Glad you have the original House On Haunted Hill

[sarcasm]

Come on, man. The remake is a MUCH better movie. I mean, it's got Chris Kattan for Christ's sakes and you know everything he appears in turns into solid fuckin' gold.

[/sarcasm]

You ever diss the man from Roxbury again and I will slit your fucking throat.

Ahem.

I would definitely go with the remake of NOTLD though. It's a much better storyline and feels as if it better represents what George A. Romero ended up doing with Dawn and Day. Not only that but, the ending to the original is awful compared to the remake's. Also, the remake is practically done by the same people, wth Tom Savini directing and Romero writing the screenplay.

Ah forgot one other one... LAST HOUSE ON THE LEFT! Will scare the shit out of you.

Last House On the Left really isn't that scary, most morbid then anything. Kinda falls into a catagory I put The Devil's Rejects, it's a non-scary horror movie. But it's pretty effective, the stabbing scene is hard to watch. Funny side note, I guess my mom was taken on a date to see that movie and she fainted very early on.

Ginger Snaps, though, it seems I'm the only one who hugely loves it. I liked the remake of The Hills Have Eyes, though, I'm all alone on that, too. There's also May, which isn't good or anything but it works at being really really creepy.

The first Ginger Snaps is great, if you can get past the horrid effects at the end.

Adding in some movies I love.

The Last Man on Earth (awesome Vincent Price Movie, about Zombies taking over the world, and he is the only one alive in the city to kill them all)

The Abdomanble Dr Phibes. (another Vincent Price movie, he kills the doctor's that he believed killed his wifes, each themed out as one of the seven sins, highly recommended, and the sequel Dr Phibe's strikes again isn't bad either)

Theatre of Blood (again another Vincent Price movie :P, I seem to have a thing for him, a semi piss-take on Dr Phibes, as Vincent Price is Edward Lionheart, who has been overlooked for a prestigious award for his stage acting one to many times, and starts to kill the seven judges all themed out as Shakespeare's best murders/near murders. )

Also

The Corpse Vanishes (featuring Bela Lugosi)

Bowery at Midnight (feat. Bela Lugosi)

the old 1930's version of Dracula (feat. Bela Lugosi)

Scared to Death (the only color Bela Lugosi flick).

You can get most of the Bela Lugosi movies of archive.org ,as they have passed their copyright.

All in all in my dvd collection I have 13 Vincent Price movies, and 10 Bela Lugosi movies. I just find both actors extremely entertaining and they both have amazing voices (espically Vincent Price).

I am infact going to go watch these movies, so you'll probably see them pop-up in the "What Films did you watch today?" thread.

Edited by iamdanielj