FUCK TOOL.

Ash J. Williams

Fuck Maynard, Fuck Tool. They postpone a show in San Antonio last week because Maynard is ill. Then, they play all week. September 19th, in Madison gets canceled because he's sick. FUCKING CANCELED. Not postponed. Apparently, Maynard's fine enough to sing tonight in Detroit, though.

Well, in order to make this thread SOMEWHAT important, let's share bad concert experiences. Or ones that never happend. :thumbsdown:

Fuck Maynard, Fuck Tool. They postpone a show in San Antonio last week because Maynard is ill. Then, they play all week. September 19th, in Madison gets canceled because he's sick. FUCKING CANCELED. Not postponed. Apparently, Maynard's fine enough to sing tonight in Detroit, though.

Well, in order to make this thread SOMEWHAT important, let's share bad concert experiences. Or ones that never happend. :thumbsdown:

That really sucks, dude. What the fuck is up with that guy?

To keep with the new subject of the topic, I've enver had anything bad happen to me. It's all happened to me or people I talked to even for a brief second.

First example: Green Day/Blink 182/Saves The Day concert, back in 2001. Three friends and I went out to Hershey Park for the concert. Well, one of my friend's, Phil, and I got spearated from the other two. Well, apparently, the other two, Tan and Rob, got up towards the front near a mosh pit. They were very cose together as it's very tight quarters up towards the front, as anyone reading this topic should know. So, due to the mosh pit, Tan got punched in the nose and it fuckin' broke! He started bleeding everywhere and eventually passed out due to the heat. He ended up bleeding all over Rob's shirt, as Rob tried to help security get Tan out of there. Tan ends up missing the rest of the concert, which was about half of Green Day and all of Blink 182.

Second example: Ozzfest 2002. Camden, New Jersey. I'm at this concession stand and end up talking to this guy named Mark for a few minutes about System Of A Down, who's on stage in an hour. Well, I leave and go back to my crap grass seats. Well, when System Of A Down came on later, they were just starting to play "Chop Suey". All of a sudden, I get pushed forward about five feet. I turned around to see what happened and the guy I met earlier, Mark, is getting the shit kicked out of him by a guy with no shirt on. Now, there's this girl screaming at the guy with no shirt on to stop so, I assume she is the girlfriend of the no shirt guy and Mark probably tried to hit on her. Well, they eventally get broken up by this guy with a blue shirt on. Mark is bleeding from his nose and mouth, and is leaning on some stranger. Well, the stranger doesn't obviously take kindly to strangers so, he shoves Mark right into blue shirt guy. The blue shirt guy turns around and Mark is trying to apologize but, to no avail. The blue shirt guy punches Mark and lays him out. He layed on the ground for a few more minutes, before emergency services came and took him to the health station.

So, I've never had a bad concert experience. People I know/met have though. I really don't go to as much concerts as I used to though so, nothing bad has happened recently.

In 2001, when I still liked them, I had tickets to go see Blink 182. Due to 9/11, they postponed the tour. Yet Sum 41, who were supposed to be supporting them, came over and played a few shows anyway, so that was good. Then, they just decided to postpone the second tour until further notice for no reason, so Jimmy Eat World, who were to support them, came over and played a few shows, so that was awesome. Then Blink cancelled for no reason. Then the next time they toured, they sucked, so fuck 'em.

Another time (2002, I believe), Glassjaw were set to tour, but due to Daryl's Chrons Disease, they postponed it. Then, they added 3 extra dates at the start of the rescheduled tour. They came over, played the 3 extra shows, then he had another relapse, so they had to go home. This happened like 6 hours before the Glasgow show. They always said it would be rescheduled, so hold onto the tickets if you want. I did. They never came back. That's 10 quid I could have used.

Having to endure Rob Zombie at Ozzfest some years back. 115+ heat index outside, and he's griping about how nobody is dancing. Maybe if you put a litle more effort into your show as opposed to walking around and sometimes pumping your fist, we'd show a little more interest.

Kid Rock @ the first Summer Sanitarium was beyond bad. Doesn't help that I just generally refuse to care for anything he does.

Aside from that, no complaints. Ze good far outweigh ze bad.

Edited by ____

Only bad experience I had was about 3 or 4 years ago *:

Kenny Chesney, with Brad Paisley and Yankee Gray. Never heard of them before, but Yankee Gray opens the show, and for the majority of their set the damn microphones or whichever part of the sound system the mics are hooked up to aren't working worth shit. They *finally* start working properly when they're in the middle of a Sknyrd cover, which was the last song they performed. And they were a damn fine band, too.

*Unless you count being forced to go to a Roger Whittaker concert with my parents when I was a kid. Fortunately, I barely remember any of it. (I will say this, though: His version of Whiskey In The Jar > Metallica's version, but that's about the ONLY song by him I can stand)

This didn't happen to me but happened to some a couple of friends of mine. They went and saw the Casaulties at this place called the Shelter. So during the show there is a gang of skinheads, these nazi mother fuckers with "Last City Boot Boys" plastered on their backs. They go around telling kids "Take off that patch, cover up that shirt, that band sucks, don't wear this" basically a bunch of fascist crap.

So anyway, my two friends leave and these nazi's follow them out. For some reason they think my friend Kevin said something to them, which he didn't. He's a nice guy, not one to stir up shit or cause trouble, same with my friend Justin who was with him. Anyway, these nazi's attack my friend Kevin calling him a hippie and shit like that (he was a crusty kid, but not a hippie). So naturally Justin jumps in to help him out but they were outnumbered. About ten of these skinheads kick their ass, keep in mind these nazi fucks are in their early to mid 20s while my friends were 16 at the time. So yeah, for no reason other than having shaggy hair did my friends get assaulted. Fucking scum.

Deicide has twice now cancelled a gig (well, the other was a festival) that I had already bought tickets for and I am pretty sure that their name will no longer get me to buy into any given gig without a good supporting crew. They're good death metal but Glen Benton is just a gigantic idiot.

Nothing has happened to me personally, but I heard Avenged Sevenfold have just cancelled their UK tour for no good reason other than they want to write songs for their new album. Just smacks of unproffessionalism (if that's even a word) to me, like they want to rush as much shit out as possible while they're still trendy. I'd be well pissed off if I was a fan.

Nothing has happened to me personally, but I heard Avenged Sevenfold have just cancelled their UK tour for no good reason other than they want to write songs for their new album. Just smacks of unproffessionalism (if that's even a word) to me, like they want to rush as much shit out as possible while they're still trendy. I'd be well pissed off if I was a fan.

They've been touring for the past 15 months... and they've been to the UK at least once that I know of already for a tour... so maybe if you were interested in going, you're losing out because you didn't start listening to them UNTIL they were trendy.

They cancelled the tour so they can rest just as much as work on the new album. 15 months of touring (nonstop, I might add) is a lot more than most bands do these days.

Edited by Pepsi

Well, in order to make this thread SOMEWHAT important, let's share bad concert experiences. Or ones that never happend. thumbsdown.gif

The way I see it, if a band cancels concerts for reasons other than low ticket sales or problems with the venue (the only justifiable reasons for cancelling instead of postponing, in my opinion), then they owe it to the fans to add those locations to the first leg of their next tour - or the first leg of the tour in that country if its a foreign country and they are playing their home country or elsewhere first.

But seriously, if they cancel a concert because of illness, yet play somewhere else a day or two later, then fuck em. If its not a problem with the singer's throat or something that has a crucial bandmember (ie, someone who can't be easily replaced for one concert) hospitalized or laid up in bed for days, they have no business cancelling.

(Last big concert that was cancelled here was Tim McGraw and Faith Hill, and it was cancelled due to the venue they were going to play being unsafe for their stage set-up - it was felt by their people that their stage set up was too heavy for their place's floors to support, which is bullshit. But I didn't plan on going anyway, so its no skin off my nose. I can't remember the last rock band to cancel a performance......)

Guest seattlebandfan9

I'm sorry you are pissed that Tool got cancelled.

I was actually happy. I started a new job and couldn't miss the training that night, and probably would have sold the ticket to a friend that would only go for like 25, when I had bought the ticket for 60. I was bummed I wasn't going to see them, but pissed about my money as well.

But it all worked out for me..