Lost Season Three Discussion Thread

CKN

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought it was a good episode tonight and kinda made you like Charlie, even if he is sort of annoying. The ending with him swimming up into the underwater hatch only to find out that he is not dead but surrounded by two women in the hatch was very interesting. I figured there would be people still under there.

We know Sayid found that cable before, why didn't they attempt to build a raft in order to find out where the cable was leading to? Sayid followed it into the jungle, but why didn't he even begin to wonder where the other part was leading to? I found that a little odd.

Nope. It's the same physics as when you turn a glass upside down and submerge it. There's still a huge great air pocket inside. Not entirely sure HOW it works, but it does, and they really do have research stations with holes in the bottom like that, I've seen them on TV :shifty:

I demand a huge swerve where (not actually a spoiler, but Venom seems to think it is)

Charlie actually isn't dead somehow and the opening episode of Series 4 shocks everyone because "OMG Charlie's alive!".

If that doesn't happen I may cry. <_<

Edited by - Matt -

The whole "will Charlie die?" thing is confusing, because if he does die then a helicopter should show up and rescue them. Obviously that's not going to happen, since there's another three seasons left. According to Desmond's vision, anyway.

I'll put this in spoiler tags, though it's not really a spoiler:

I heard Dominic Monaghan hadn't signed on for the next series, but they could have been waiting until the end of the season to sort that out to keep people guessing, especially if they're going to swerve and not kill him.

I heard that too, but what I don't get is why did Charlie have to flip the switch? Surely a helicopter would still come regardless of WHO flipped the switch.

We better get some answers next episode too, like, why/how are they "dead".

Also (this is just a guess)

Anyone think Jack's with the others? He seemed awfully insistant about being someone to fire at the others, perhaps to purposefully miss. I don't like Jack in Series 3.

:(

I guess. Hope we get an answer about why that happens too, 'cos it doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

Anyone notice that we didn't actually see Desmond's vision this time... unless I missed it... whereas we usually do (or at least I think we do)?

He quite obviously did not see Claire and Aaron get rescued, and he felt guilty about it so he went to go down instead.

I'm not so sure. He could have easily 'seen' Claire and Aaron being lifted into a helicopter - but not necessarily being saved (with Desmond just assuming they were being saved). Surely?

Nothing really interesting happened in the first hour. It was quite obvious that Sayid, Bernard, and Jin were not going to succeed in their mission to blow them all up. And Jack's backstory sucks. It really didn't pick up until we saw Locke in the grave and about to kill himself because he cannot walk anymore but Walt shows up and tells him to walk. And thenl the meeting between Jack and Ben where Jack beats him down for ordering them to kill Sayid, Bernard, and Jin. Hurley driving the van and running that guy over was awesome, as was bad ass Sawyer being back.

Sawyer: That was for taking the kid off the boat.

Hurley: Dude, he surrendered.

Sawyer: I didn't believe him.

The scene with Charlie punching the code in to get an incoming transmission from Penny was very cool and then the stuff with Mikhail leaving the Looking Glass and blowing up Charlie was awesome. So the Naomi boat rescue turns out to not be such a good idea, but they signal to get rescued anyways. And Locke, who can now walk again, isn't happy with this at all.

The ending was very odd, with Kate and Jack in Jack's flashback. But when he was all "we have to go back" it seems to mean that it wasn't actually a flashback at all and that scene was after they got off the island since Kate and Jack had no clue who each other was when they were on the island.

Edited by Fitzy