Lost Season Three Discussion Thread

CKN

Yeah I didnt really understand the whole reason why Charlie locked himself in, I mean he could have still escaped and locked the door behind him.

And the whole "flashback" wasnt in the past it was in the future. I really dont know where they are going to go from here with the show espesially for a couple more seasons, but I will still be watching of course.

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ugghh.

I have sold this show to everyone I know for three seasons, claiming it to be one of the best shows I have seen ever.

Then came tonight.

The episode in of itself was awesome. Rousseau and Alex back together, Walt showing up to help Locke, Sawyer getting all kinds of bad ass, Hurley saving the day, Penny showing up on the video screen.

But that final part of Jack's flashback just tossed it all away. It makes no sense what so ever, it ruins any tense situations that Jack or Kate get into for the remainder of the show, and I can see no plausible way to explain it unless Desmond just time travels it all away.

Thoroughly disappointed.

Nothing really interesting happened in the first hour. It was quite obvious that Sayid, Bernard, and Jin were not going to succeed in their mission to blow them all up. And Jack's backstory sucks. It really didn't pick up until we saw Locke in the grave and about to kill himself because he cannot walk anymore but Walt shows up and tells him to walk. And thenl the meeting between Jack and Ben where Jack beats him down for ordering them to kill Sayid, Bernard, and Jin. Hurley driving the van and running that guy over was awesome, as was bad ass Sawyer being back.

Sawyer: That was for taking the kid off the boat.

Hurley: Dude, he surrendered.

Sawyer: I didn't believe him.

The scene with Charlie punching the code in to get an incoming transmission from Penny was very cool and then the stuff with Miguel leaving the Looking Glass and blowing up Charlie was awesome. So the Naomi boat rescue turns out to not be such a good idea, but they signal to get rescued anyways. And Locke, who can now walk again, isn't happy with this at all.

The ending was very odd, with Kate and Jack in Jack's flashback. But when he was all "we have to go back" it seems to mean that it wasn't actually a flashback at all and that scene was after they got off the island since Kate and Jack had no clue who each other was when they were on the island.

Guest Mike Sargent

Who's dead in the casket Jack visits that no one went to? and whos Kate talking about when she says "he'll wonder where I am"

Also is it just me or does anyone else think Mykael(sp? eh, The Russian guy) Is like Un-killable

Edited by Mike Sargent

Read about the flash forward spoiler a few days back, wasn't sure if it was gonna be true or not, obviously it was. Definately something that's gonna be a love or hate it thing. Some people are gonna be biting there nails waiting for next season to start and others are just gonna be completely turned off....but I guess since they're already signed for the remainder of the series and don't have to worry about getting picked up or not it doesn't matter to much to the writers. I myself am among the ones who can't wait to see where this goes.

Who's dead in the casket Jack visits that no one went to? and whos Kate talking about when she says "he'll wonder where I am"

One of them is probably Sawyer. Either could be him. I mean, Sawyer has no friends and family judging by his flashbacks. The only possibly people to expect to show up would be Kate, Jack, and the female that he liked to steal stuff with.

Edit: But of course, Jack was crying, so I doubt he would cry over Sawyer...

Guest Mike Sargent

Read about the flash forward spoiler a few days back, wasn't sure if it was gonna be true or not, obviously it was. Definately something that's gonna be a love or hate it thing. Some people are gonna be biting there nails waiting for next season to start and others are just gonna be completely turned off....but I guess since they're already signed for the remainder of the series and don't have to worry about getting picked up or not it doesn't matter to much to the writers. I myself am among the ones who can't wait to see where this goes.

I'm kinda torn on the flash forward idea...I mean on one hand I think the "what happens after they get rescued" aspect could be very interesting, but it definitely does ruin some of the suspense. But they did manage to raise even more questions in a flash forward so in a way it could work but only if used sparingly. I don't think I want the main part of the show to be the "Future" with the island becoming the "Flashbacks"

And I'm assuming the Walt thing was just a vision? Since if it wasn't they'd have to explain the fact that Walt has aged so much...he could be using whatever special ability he had to appear to Locke much like he did with Shannon.

And even though they've signed for those three remaining seasons, I'm sure if the bottom really fell out they could still buy out of the contract and cancel it.

My only real complaint with the episode was the way that Charlie died it just seemed pointless. It seem pointless when he could have closed the door from the outside and still stayed alive. I understand that he wanted to follow through on Desmond's vison but it just seem unnessary the way he died.

So what if Ben got rescued as well, it would make sense that no one would go to a funeral about him since only the island people would really know him that well. That could be what caused Jack to decide that he needed to tell Kate that they needed to go back to the island?

You know it's quite possible if the people doing the rescuing are bad that they never pick up the people on the beach. Wasn't there talk that next season a group would be led by Sawyer and another group led by Jack? Sawyer, Hurley, Jin, Sayid, Bernard, and Juliet may get left behind.

Guest Mike Sargent

You know it's quite possible if the people doing the rescuing are bad that they never pick up the people on the beach. Wasn't there talk that next season a group would be led by Sawyer and another group led by Jack? Sawyer, Hurley, Jin, Sayid, Bernard, and Juliet may get left behind.