Disturbed..

Summers

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Disturbed did a concert down here in Christchurch, New Zealand about 6 months ago I went to. It was a decent concert, espically that I absolutely love the band that opened them (local act, Redline), and didn't think Disturbed could live up to them, but they did a suprisingly good set. I wasn't really a fan previous to the concert, but after the concert I had a grown amount of respect for them. I only have two complaints about the concert:

(1) This one really has nothing to do with the band, but the Pit fucking sucked. Teenie-Boppers everywhere, so I pushed my way to the front to get away from them, and found more teenie-boppers. One guy to the side of me actually cried when he got a big hit in the Pit. It's like don't come to the front of the pit, if your not ready to get hurt. And everyone was getting the security guard over the D-fence to keep giving them water every two seconds. Harden-up guys.

(2) At one point David stopped the music to tell us to look after the girls who decided to mix it up in the mosh. Said this line somewhere through it: "I know all of us here are red-blooded americans, but yadda yadda yadda". Know what country you are in, and the fact that its not part of America. Hell the 12 or so hour flight from America, should have clued you in that you were no longer in the USA.

But minus these two points, the Concert was really good.

A lot of nu/alt-metal bands can't get a pit going, because as someone mentioned, you have more little kids than anything else. It was the same at Papa Roach the other day, it was the same at Lostprophets (I know, not nu-metal) and it'll be the same at Disturbed.

Best pits I've been in were the Misfits, Coheed + Cambria, and Trivium with Sum and D.

How can you go to a club after a gig? I always smell like... well like I've been at a gig.

I chilled at the back with about 20 of my friends by the bar. So we drank, sang along & danced.

A lot of nu/alt-metal bands can't get a pit going, because as someone mentioned, you have more little kids than anything else. It was the same at Papa Roach the other day, it was the same at Lostprophets (I know, not nu-metal) and it'll be the same at Disturbed.

Best pits I've been in were the Misfits, Coheed + Cambria, and Trivium with Sum and D.

The Disturbed pit didn't look too bad. Some of the best pits I've been in.. that Trivium one we was in was awesome, considering it was Soufamtan. Avenged Sevenfold had a good pit, as did Slipknot & System when I saw 'em. The first time I saw Bullet, I ended up in a good pit. Lamb of God had a pretty sweet pit, too. As did Head Charge. There's many, many, more of course. I'm just too asleep to recall most of 'em.

Good question. I got too drunk at the club to remember what was played when & such. But they generally played everything you'd expect. Prayer was amazing. I loved off Land Of Confusion. Was shocked to hear Game, but insanely happy.

He does mention fists in the air, a lot. >_>

As for best pits, I find nu-metal acts to generally have the worst because it's a bunch of kids who think that moshing is just throwing yourself around like an idiot and trying to piss others off. These are generally the pits where people actually get hurt because they're not looking out for each other, and that really irritates me. The best pit I've ever been in was Social Distortion because it's mostly an older crowd that actually know what they're doing. NOFX was also a really good pit, as was Coheed, Disturbed, and the Smashing Pumpkins (until shirtless fratboys showed up). That said, I generally stay out of the pits whenever possible anymore, the fad's pretty much over.