Saturday/Wednesday's Euro Qualifier thread

Liam

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

About time someone opened a thread. I have bets on Lampard and Gerrard to score anytime annd a shitty double on England/Czech Rep. I did have a massive 15 team accy for the weekend, but MK Dons losing at home made it fall at the first fence. >_>

England 3-0 I think.

Slovakia had like 6 shots to Wales' 5 and 5-1 up. I can see us winning 3 or 4-0 here. If we can get a fairly early goal, because they're just going to defend from the outset, at least if we get a goal they'll be forced to attack a bit and we can get more.

It'll either be like 1-0 or a riot in my eyes. Still, England win.

Commentators always go on about how players dive and then play has to stop. So when a player goes down for a fair challenge and the referee waves play on, then stops it when it looks a bit more serious - Lawro has a fit. He's a shit commentator anyways, I can see hes annoyed that he stopped it after he waved play on - but meh, Lawro's just a whiney cunt.

Gerrard smashing the bar summed up this half for us.

YOU FUCKING BEAUTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I FUCKING LOVE YOU GARY CALDWELL, I FUCKING LOVE EVERY SINGLE PERSON WHO PLAYED THEIR ARSES OFF FOR SCOTLAND TONIGHT, I FUCKING LOVE EVERY SINGLE MEMBER OF THE TARTAN ARMY WHO WAS THERE TO CHEER ON THE TEAM TONIGHT, I FUCKING LOVE YOU SCOTLAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh by the way, Scotland beat France 1-0, just in case you can't tell.

lol people still think Macedonia are a poor side

Oh, and congrats to Scotland.

And Ace, the reason Lawro was complaining was because a) the kicking the ball out for injury thing has been deemed not necessary by FIFA unless the injury is serious, which is deemed by the referee and b) the ref waved play on, and then stopped it 10 seconds later, which makes little or no sense.

Which I did admit, but you can't tell how serious an injury is at the same time unless you hear a shotgun go off and you know someones snapped their achilles. He did seem to have a bad fall too, I know he should have decided there and then and not change it.

But I just really hate Lawro because he knows nothing, and is shit. Like 90% of commentators and panellists.

He took a rough fall, but he was up and walking about pretty much as soon as he got a bit of attention, which is why that rule is one that has been bastardized big time.

Though I think its a good thing Scotland won, I'd still put money (if it was possible) on them not qualifying.