The Departed - Anyone Seen it? *SPOILERS*

Bigal

It's definentley the best film of the year so far. Everything about it was perfect, and the acting by all the actors were brilliant.

I just saw it today... that was fucking awesome. (But fuck, Matt Damon looks A LOT like John Cena :shifty: I was worried there for a minute).

Everything was awesome. If I had to pick holes, the thing with Costigan and Sullivan's missus was a tad overdone (the relationship was neccessary for the ending to work, I know, but did we really need those 68 scenes with Costigan in her office generally not doing much?)

Easily 4* from me though. There was enough comedy (well, not really comedy, but funny bits) to keep me interested, but it was serious and downright badass enough to not have to rely on the funny. And by the end, I had absolutely no fucking idea what was going to happen, which was awesome.

I was convinced up until Costello's death scene that Sullivan and Costigan were going to team up and catch him, with Sullivan swerving Costello (which did happen) and then the two of them walk away into the sunset and live happily ever after. Which would've sucked arse.

Then everyone died, except Dignam (which was also an awesome scene, although I do wonder how he got out of the building dressed like that without arousing suspicion ¬_¬). And it was awesome.

And Ray Winstone really, really, really didn't look or sound like Ray Winstone ¬_¬ I saw him in the credits and was like "who the fuck was he?".

So to sum up, it was awesomeness in cinematic form. Can't wait for the DVD.

Edited by Cap'n Jean-Luc Picaaaarghd

Saw it last week and thought it was awful. I'm a big Taxi Driver fan and thought that the characters were one dimensional, which is amazing given all the background they gave the characters in the first 20 minutes of the film. I had no real reason to care about what happens to Dicaprio's character and the final scene felt like a ripoff of the shootout in the South Park episode Lil' Crime Stoppers. Thumbs down.

I really enjoyed The Departed. I think it's up there, vying with Children of Men, for film of the year. Some stellar performances all round. I really enjoyed the scene where Costigan lays into the shrink about not giving him the drugs, etc. Di Caprio is fucking immense, as is Nicholson. Wahlberg is great, and Damon is very good. Winstone is good, as is Sheen. Even Baldwin is good!!!

• 3 months later...

Hate to bump a nearly 4 month old topic, but I didn't want to start a new one.

I originally planned on going to see this in theaters, however I have a girlfriend and we made it to every animated movie instead of this one. Anyway, I just got done watching this (literally) and I loved it. When Leo gets shot I was shocked and almost didn't want to finish the movie, but it was worth it to see the ending scene. Great movie. I loved every minute of it.