• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Archers of Loaf

Fountains Of Wayne

Haircut 100

Colonel Bruce Hampton and the Aquarium Rescue Unit

Toad the Wet Sprocket

Obviously there are more.

Yeah, but it's the idea that "Cute Is What We Aim For" are trying to put across. In a genre that will get them stick anyway, indirectly admitting you are going for that in some way is always going to get a bit of a backlash.

Hell, all the reviews I've read that have praised them have slaughtered them for having such a bad name.

Darlington....why anyone would name a band Darlington I have no idea.

But I may be biased, as I have bad memories of Darlington. Who knew the Asda was that far out from the town centre? WELL SOMEONE SHOULD HAVE FUCKING KNEW!!!! I GOT BLISTERS ON MY FEET!!!

Edited by Steve Mandela

Archers of Loaf

Fountains Of Wayne

Haircut 100

Toad the Wet Sprocket

Yeah, but it's the idea that "Cute Is What We Aim For" are trying to put across. In a genre that will get them stick anyway, indirectly admitting you are going for that in some way is always going to get a bit of a backlash.

Hell, all the reviews I've read that have praised them have slaughtered them for having such a bad name.

I'm still failing to see yr problem with the name, tbh. Maybe it's just me.

Archers of Loaf

Fountains Of Wayne

Haircut 100

Toad the Wet Sprocket

It is.

They should've chosen a badass name like "TorsoFuck"... shame some Finnish people took it.

Archers of Loaf

Fountains Of Wayne

Haircut 100

Toad the Wet Sprocket

It is.

They should've chosen a badass name like "TorsoFuck"... shame some Finnish people took it.

I think names like that (& other ridiculous band names, you know the type I mean too) are a thousand times worse than Cute Is What We Aim For.

I still say Darlington is a worse name to Cute Is What We Aim For. They're fucking shocking as well. Actually, they both are. At least CIWWAF tells you they're going to be gay as fuck. Darlington doesn't tell you that they're going to play pop-punk-rock tunes that sound absolutely identical, and have been seemingly regurgitating this kind of thing since over 10 years ago.

Archers of Loaf

Fountains Of Wayne

Haircut 100

Toad the Wet Sprocket

I guess thats being in a genre where you'll get slaughtered for being poncy whatever, having "Cute" either reference your music or your band isn't the best idea.