Gambit

Green Goblin

Iron Fist

Jean Grey

Juggernaut (Pre-Order Exclusive)

Penance

Songbird

Venom

...that is some shoddy work on the new characters. I was promised Punisher, why the fuck am I now getting PENANCE? Penance is a fucking idiotic choice, fuck that, fuck this, who the fuck is Songbird and why the fuck would I want Iron Fist when I've got both Daredevil and Luke Cage there already? Where's Nightcrawler? Where's War Machine? Where's T'Challa?

Isnt Songbird Hawkeye's girlfriend who they thought was dead but came back during Secret Invasion or is that someone else?

Gambit

Green Goblin

Iron Fist

Jean Grey

Penance

Songbird

Venom

...that is some shoddy work on the new characters. I was promised Punisher, why the fuck am I now getting PENANCE? Penance is a fucking idiotic choice, fuck that, fuck this, who the fuck is Songbird and why the fuck would I want Iron Fist when I've got both Daredevil and Luke Cage there already? Where's Nightcrawler? Where's War Machine? Where's T'Challa?

Isnt Songbird Hawkeye's girlfriend who they thought was dead but came back during Secret Invasion or is that someone else?

Song-Bird is one of the Thunderbolts.

I wouldn't agree with Darkbeid that the new characters are shoddy. Pennance was one of the major story-points of Civil War, Fist makes sense given that he's grown in popularity with a critically acclaimed comic in the years since the last Ultimate Alliance (and he kicks ass), and I can see the logic in Songbird (not that I really want to play as her), since as players can play as a Thunderbolts team with her, Venom, Green Goblin and Pennance, though the lack of Bullseye is pretty bloody annoying too. I don't think they did shoddy work on what characters they added, it was shoddy work on what characters they left out.

I hate how this board since the update forgets what your last viewed post of a topic was.

I spent the past five minutes getting hyped up for the game... only to realise I was looking at MU1 >_<

I should probably pick this game up because the last game was ridiculously fun with some comic book loving friends.

Gambit

Green Goblin

Iron Fist

Jean Grey

Penance

Songbird

Venom

that would be Mockingbird and she was Clint's wife not girlfriend. I'm glad there's no Punisher.

Activision isn't officially at PAX this year, the publisher just dropped in to hijack our eyeballs for the evening so we could spend some with with Blur, Tony Hawk Ride, and Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2. In the midst of the gaming and socializing, Acti revealed a few new playable characters in MUA2: Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck, and exclusive to the Wii ... Goofy!

Okay, we jest. The ink still isn't dry on that contract yet, but we hope that future versions of this game will gave us some sort of Disney hint, even if it's just a Scrooge McDuck level where you have to swim through gold coins. All kidding aside, MUA2 has added Iceman to the PS3/360 version, while the Wii inexplicably gains the cooler characters of Cyclops, Psylocke, and Blade. Where's the justice?!

I call shenanigans. I want my Cyclops, damnit.

Psylocke! always a favourite of mine. Only on wii though? Lame. I was in gamestation today and they say if you pre-order with them you get Thor? The hell, I thought Thor was just in the game anyway?

Thor is going to be in the game. The gamestation preorder deal will be a code that can unlock him at the beginning of the game, just like how some stores gave out codes to unlock the Silver Surfer and Dare Devil in MUA 1. The same thing is being done with the Hulk as well.

Juggernaut is the only character that you need to preorder to get. There's no other way to get him, at least for now.

If anyone's interested here is a link to some guys photobucket with pictures of all the alternate costumes which have been revealed to date (only available through the official site if you pre-order I think). He's also got pics of all the NPC's which have been revealed on IGN.

Edit: Forgot to actually post the link - Duh! Here You Go

I have a spare Juggernaut Code if someone wants/needs it.

As for my early thoughts on the game. It's nice that the basic controls have remained the same, makes it easier to jump into. I still have some work to do to make my use of fusions more effective (particularly the targeted ones). Overall though, I think this is going to be a game that will take up plenty of my time until SvR 10 releases... and then once I get a good taste of SvR, I'll be back to UA2. My current team is Spider-Man, Wolverine, Juggernaut and Gambit... I love crushing enemies with Juggernaut.

I have a spare Juggernaut Code if someone wants/needs it.

As for my early thoughts on the game. It's nice that the basic controls have remained the same, makes it easier to jump into. I still have some work to do to make my use of fusions more effective (particularly the targeted ones). Overall though, I think this is going to be a game that will take up plenty of my time until SvR 10 releases... and then once I get a good taste of SvR, I'll be back to UA2. My current team is Spider-Man, Wolverine, Juggernaut and Gambit... I love crushing enemies with Juggernaut.

Assuming it'll work on UK PS3, I'll take that spare Juggernaught code >_> I have this pre-ordered.

How good is the story? Are there any like, descion making moments other than "Pro Reg/Anti Reg" at the start of the game?

Since my Juggs code is a 360 code, I doubt it'll work on a PS3 (UK or otherwise), probably should have specified that. Since I've only played the first couple missions, I can't say much on the decision making aspects of the game. Since the first few missions are before you decide your path and all.