Nevermind the Buzzcocks

IAceI

He was on the Big Brother Special recently (and the one before), and probably had moment of the show when he said to Charley (who was a panel guest).

"Who would win in a fight between you and Alex?"

"What like a physical or mental fight?"

"...No one's winning a mental fight between you two Charley."

Which was hilarious.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, not the best episode last night. I don't think there was anything particularly wrong with the guests, but Amstell's interaction with them can get a bit grating these days, with him seemingly trying to court controversy rather than actually be funny. Like the "Duffy's a bitch" thing last night, I don't think anyone's going to give a shit if Adele pulls a Preston, right? And Mark Ronson can fucking burn in hell for his crimes against music, he could be the funniest guy alive, and I still wouldn't want him on the show. I know it's only the first episode, but it's looking like Bill will be sorely missed.

They haven't had good guests since Amstell started. Amstell and Bill are usually the only highlights, and Noel was good when he was in charge.

I don't find Phill Jupitus funny in the slightest, and the guests are usually terrible. I mean, they seem to constantly get people on from McFly, Busted, Blue and that sort of thing. And then random guests for no reason, comedians I obviously understand - as it's a comedy show as well, but when they had Bill Oddie on once - fucking hell.

Booooooooooooooooooooooooo! Bill Oddie is a comedian, he's just too old to do comedy shows of his own on the BBC now, a la Michael Palin. Don't knock the Oddie.

I actually hated Noel when he was in charge. His comedy is unfunny. And I agree with what Amstell said during it, "you're just making things up". Like Simon said "you're gonna attack me with scissors made of glitter are you?" which got a reasonable laugh, when Noel replied with "no, a motorbike of jealousy" which they marked out for. Exactly the same thing.

Anyway, Mark Ronson. :angry::angry::angry: First show too. I heard Jack Dee's gonna be on it, which should be great. I never realised that Adele was that fat and that common. Granted I'd barely heard of her before, but still. That giniger guy was pretty good, especially the Kylie impression. Highlight was obviously the Phil & Simon dance routine.

I still miss the days of Mark Lemar though. :crying:

Edited by TheModernWay

I actually hated Noel when he was in charge. His comedy is unfunny. And I agree with what Amstell said during it, "you're just making things up". Like Simon said "you're gonna attack me with scissors made of glitter are you?" which got a reasonable laugh, when Noel replied with "no, a motorbike of jealousy" which they marked out for. Exactly the same thing.

Anyway, Mark Ronson. :angry::angry::angry: First show too. I heard Jack Dee's gonna be on it, which should be great. I never realised that Adele was that fat and that common. Granted I'd barely heard of her before, but still. That giniger guy was pretty good, especially the Kylie impression. Highlight was obviously the Phil & Simon dance routine.

So much so that you spelt his name like the Fame Academy R'n'b sensation?

Not the same thing, he was implying, seemingly correctly, that Amstell was jealous, hence his copying/mocking. I'm not the biggest Mighy Boosh fan (third series sucked ass), but Fielding is pretty funny, and I thought he did really well on Buzzcocks. It's not everyone's taste admittedly.

Lemarr and Bailey were brilliant together, and when he was hosting, it at least seemed like a quiz show, rather than the vague format simply being a platofrm for Amstell to take the piss.

Wow, silly me. <_< And I wouldn't call him a sensation. :shifty:

This weeks was much better. I remember Frankie from her SC8 days, damn she was hot back then too, though she had long hair then. Just to clear up, she's the same age as me so it's not creepy. Honest.

Phil was the best though with his carcastic comments to his partners, for example when he explained the rules of the lineup game.

Wow, silly me. <_< And I wouldn't call him a sensation. :shifty:

This weeks was much better. I remember Frankie from her SC8 days, damn she was hot back then too, though she had long hair then. Just to clear up, she's the same age as me so it's not creepy. Honest.

Phil was the best though with his carcastic comments to his partners, for example when he explained the rules of the lineup game.

Yeah, that was good, but it didn't need repeating three times.

Amstell and Fry were good, especially when Fry was just bringing his awesome knowledge and Amstell kept reading off the auto-cue. Matt Schultz was alright in small doses, liked him in the intros round.

I don't know who Josie Long is but she's fat and ugly and has just about put me off the beautiful name Josie altogether. Hopefully that can be redeemed by her being killed in some form.

Frankie, while beautiful, wasn't good. Same when Nicholas Hoult was on. For actors and popstars, they sure seem to be shit when the camera is on them. Dominic Cooper was relatively funny, mainly for the final round with all the Mamma Mia lines but that was mainly Amstell's doing.

Phill was his usual unfunny self if you ask me. Had the odd good moment but seems to try so hard to be funny it always backfires, and I still can't take him seriously without his beard. He just looks ridiculous. You have no idea how much I laughed in one of the older Never Mind The Buzzcocks episodes when Amstell wanted to make it more entertaining and competitive so got the crowds to cheer for who they wanted to win and I think 3 people cheer for Phill.

Ugh, I hated literally every guest on this weeks, the first I've seen of this series yet. I fully agree with everyone knocking the calibre of guests, barring Stephen Fry who was at the very least funny, though even more useless than the usual guests at actual music questions. Actor man, no idea, very dull. S Clubber, cute but stupid, and very rarely funny stupid unfortunately. CTE man, woeful (look at me, I'm irritating). And Josie Long, who is she? She was sat in the 'comedian' chair, but thats clearly not right. I missed the first two minutes so I still have no idea who she was.

The odd thing is, if anyone has read Stephen Fry's autobiography, he's completely talentless at making music, whether it be playing a piano or even humming it, as shown on that show. He's also admitted in his podgrams he does, he doesnt' have much of a clue about modern day pop music.

I think he kinda cringed inside at all the annoying Amstell QI shit. Amstell can be funny when he's taking the piss out of celebrities that are seen as lower than him or getting bad press, but it just doesn't work when he's trying to pisstake talented comedians and actors.