The O.C. - Season 4

Mike Ockizitchy

This whole episode seemed like a very admirable attempt to tie up storylines they'd clearly planned over a 20+ episode arc. It was Josh Schwartz's final "fuck you" to FOX's insufferable dithering, he refused to change the storylines in mid-stream they way he'd been forced to in season one or dial up the storylines like in the 2nd and 3rd seasons. The best part is that, with few exceptions, he actually rose to the occasion and produced a really satisfying conclusion. Now he goes off to do "Chuck" for NBC and "Gossip Girl" for CW, the former being the one I'm most interested in (starring Adam Baldwin :D), and hopefully the cast, as well as some of the awesome late-comers to the cast like Autumn Reeser, Chris Pratt and the guy who played Bullet go on bigger and brighter things. Except for Mischa Barton. They should have killed Marissa years ago. :@

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sad to see it go. I hope to see Autum and Adam move on to bigger things(even though that movie they advertised with him he was so Seth). Ben might be good in a boxing movie as he throws a hell of a punch. Willa will hopefully get some work as a sub character somewhere as she is smoking hot and really makes me like her. Also I hope Rachael get some where because I just love her.

Julie staying single and going to college felt weird. Sandy being a teacher was awesome. Ryan and Taylor not coming together at the end left me unsatisfied. Summer and Seth wedding = Awesome. I just was unsatisfied in the end. The whole six months later left me upset missing that action. Sad to see it go.

such a shame to see the show go, if it ended after last season I wouldn't mind so much, but they really pulled things together and was the best it had been since the first season IMO. I thought it was a good finale, better than many others. Taylor getting put on the Terrorist Alert list had me rolling. The fast forward at the end was nice, gave the series some good closure.

Top class stuff. Great final episode. It's been a great season, the best since the first, but at the same time it also technically hasn't felt like The OC in a while, but it has been awesome. Great mix of comedy in there, the Taylor on Terrorist Alert, "Oh my god, I'm a bad crack mother", Frank running into the empty church, the Valley - "You know these teen drama's go on forever", the stuff with the gay guys and the Bullit's family, awesome, awesome stuff. They wrapped up stuff really rather well. The whole 'open ended' Taylor/Ryan finish is great. As it pleases both lots of people. Also, it not really 'that important'. Everyone had their own little stories over the series. Sandy was unhappy in Newport...that was resolved, along with his often distaste for being a lawyer for rich people. Seth was all about getting the girl, which he got. Kirsten's got a new daughter, and was always very much about family. Julie was always dependent on men and their money, which she's now shaken off. And Ryan's story was about giving him a getting a better quality of life, which he gets, which is apparent that he's gone from a low level worker at a construction yard, to a guy in a suit.

All in all, things are wrapped up well, a little rush, but still, all bases are covered. The ending was sweet as well, but the kid looked far too young. I liked the house flashbacks towards the end as well.

All in all, a good way to wrap things up, maybe not the best way, but everyone's 4-series story was pretty much resolved. I'd have marked for a Jimmy Cooper appearence. :( I thought tehy were hinting it a while back where Kaitlin said she missed her dad, but nothing ever came of it. The whole Jimmy/Julie situation was one that never really got a definative ending, as far as I remember (As they tend to just be Jimmy running off :shifty:).