Final Fantasy XII

Riceman 4K

The only reasons you should go after the elementals is to complete the bestiary, or if you're going to try and buy the Tournesoul. Elementals can drop Feystones (with the Sage's Monograph I think) which are needed to get High Arcanas, which are in turn needed to get Emperyal Souls from the bazaar.

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So....I was fighting an Esper and managed to kill it (Vaan only one alive, 100hp), but after that...it's fucking zombie minion hit me with Thundara and killed me before I could heal/revive anyone. I was pissed.....and I wasnt' even looking for the Esper, I was looking for the fucking mark in that cave, before I went an auto-leveled up a few of my characters.

yeah, Ahriman was a bitch to kill when he multiplied. I think I had about 7 of him on the battlefield when I killed him. Just haste yourself up, use a couple long range weapons (I was using the Yoichi Bow with Fran, and some nice little axes with Balthier and Vaan), and go balls to the walls against him. His clones all have low HP, so should be killed with one hit, but don't bother killing them, just throw whatever you've got at Ahriman.

I'm currently on the way to getting them all, just got Ultima and Zodiark left to go.

Of them all, the only one's I'd say were challenging to fight would be Zalera and Cuchulainn. The former wasn't so hard, but mroe annoying due to the time limit. Cuchulainn however was a complete bastard thanks to the hp draining field effect AND the fact that he could cause sap AND his little spawning Foobars.

So I have Adrammalech, and am at the Sochen Cave Palace.....which is the next Esper I should look into getting. My main party is basically around the 35 level, so which ones could I realistically pick up, or should I wait till I'm higher level.

Zalera would be one of your best bets, but you'd have tyo make sure you've got the Barheim Passage key so you can get back into Barheim through the alternate door. Plus, Zalera has some nasty level based attacks so you'd need to be a certain level (43 or 47) to avoid them.

If you're at Sochen, then the next storyline esper (Shemhazai) isn't for some time. So I guess it's a toss up over whether you'd want to go through the annoyances to get the key (if you haven't already) or just carrying on through the game until you get to the Great Crystal.

I got the Barheim Passage, and went in the door that the Bangaa was standing outside of....and I went in expecting super hard monsters, only to cry in dissapoitment. So...where are these monsters that kicked the shit out of the bangaa?

Damn, you guys made me get back into this game just as finals are about to start. My guys are currently at around level 30, and I think I'm somewhere near Archadian capital, trying to make my way to wherever I need to get to.

Anyone know why the auto-leveling won't work for me anymore?

I went in and had my party do it for 10 levels or so, and then I went and saved the game and turned it off. I came back, planning to do it with the other three, but I cleared all the monsters in the area....but the creature (can't think of it's name) never appeared.