FIFA v Pro Evo

probablyoliver

OK, I realise in a regular contest, Pro Evo would be winning hands down, but this be for my Father. I want to get him either of the two games for christmas, as he's still playing Fifa 05, and so I believe it's time for him to move on.

Now I know the gameplay for PES is much, much smoother, and it's an overall better game, but my Dad's a sucker for realism, and so I'm not sure if I should get him the more realistic, licensed FIFA game, allowing him to play the teams he wants to play in expense for a slightly worse game (although I hear 07 is a lot better than previous FIFA efforts), or should I move him on the less realistic, but better gameplay of Pro Evo?

Pros and cons, lads. Pros and cons.

Fifa 07 has gotten better, Pro Evo 6 has gotten worse...I still prefer Pro Evo, but I actually started playing Pro Evo 5 again last night. Get him Fifa if he's a sucker for realism. Plus I got it pre-owned for like £18.

Yeah, I mean the realism in that it's licensed, and thus more realistic with the general feel of it, not how it plays.

I think I'm gonna go with FIFA, because although I'm sure he'd appreciate how good Pro Evo is, I reckon he'd get bored over time, whereas he's been playing 05 for 2 years now, and it's the off pitch realism of it that's kept him interested.

If I would choose one, it would be FIFA this year, just because Pro Evo sucks in X-Box 360, with horrible online play. Hopefully Konami will fix this next year.

Yes but it's not Xbox is it? He said playstation.

And I doubt his DAD wants to play online, do you?

Played both, Fifa being good while Pro is still light years ahead of it. The only thing it still has over Pro is being fully liscenced, which personally doesn't bother me a great deal. Pro is by far the better game to play and you can tell that once you play both of them.

Quite enjoyed Fifa when it first came out, it's got some nice things to it but in reality, it really isn't anywhere near being as good as Pro Evo. I've found that you can play Pro much longer than Fifa without getting bored as well. Fifa's still a game that you can quite easily master and once you do, for me it starts to get a little bit 'samey'. While Pro so far is a game that is looking to last way longer and one that I'm still only just getting into, not to mention it's a much better challenge. And I'd also say Pro has as good of graphics as Fifa does in certain places.

So overall, Pro Evo is certainly the one to go for. Not slagging off Fifa, it's good, but it's just honestly not as good as Pro.

The thing is that when you first play Pro Evo, you're trying to work out the controls to a brand new game. How many times on your first play did you unintentionally lofted a ball miles above the crossbar because you pressed cross instead of shoot? If anything that could put him off it.

I'd reccomend FIFA, it isn't easy teaching an old dog new tricks but he's familliar with it and the game doesn't neccesarily suck. Its one hell of an improvement from fifa 05

I'd say for somebody who isn't an avid gamer, FIFA wins easily. It's a lot easier to get into, and if he's still playing 05 then it's obvious he has no issues with the FIFA style of gameplay.

Pro Evo has always struck me as more of a game for game fans who also like football, whereas FIFA is kinda for football fans who also like games, if that makes sense?

I'd say for somebody who isn't an avid gamer, FIFA wins easily. It's a lot easier to get into, and if he's still playing 05 then it's obvious he has no issues with the FIFA style of gameplay.

Pro Evo has always struck me as more of a game for game fans who also like football, whereas FIFA is kinda for football fans who also like games, if that makes sense?

Yeah, that's the way I was considering it. He's not a major gamer, he only ever plays FIFA and Rainbow Six, and he'll only play one or two times a week, so I reckon I'm going to go with FIFA.

Cheers lads. =]

(Y)