Rock/Metal covers of classical music

DFF

Ok, so I've been rocking out to Jerry C's cover of Pachelbel's Canon. You can watch it here.

Can anyone recommend any other good rock or metal covers of classic pieces?

Yngwie Malmsteen's done a few I think. And there's a passage in Necrophagist's 'Only Ash Remains' at the end where they cover some classical piece. I can't remember the name, but I swear I've heard it done 'classically'.

EDIT: The end of Only Ash Remains has part of the Romeo & Juliet ballet in it, by Prokofieve. Now I remember where I heard that from.

Edited by sirdavinator

Metallica are recording thier own version of Ecstacy of Gold very soon i believe.

They've done that live years ago. It's the opening track to "S&M".

What classical songs have Apocalyptica covered? I think they only do heavy metal.

As for Trans-Siberian Orchestra / Savatage - as far as I know, they haven't covered classical music either. They sampled some Christmas tunes and use an orchestra in the TSO side project, but that's about it. Christmas Eve (Sarajevo 12/24) is composed of God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen and Carol of the Bells, which I suppose aren't really classical music. They did play parts of Edvard Krieg's In the Hall of the Mountain King for "Prelude to Madness".

I can't remember Malmsteen playing classical music either...

Actually it's a tough subject. Several metal bands use tiny bits of classical compositions, but to actually cover a full song or a movement is quite rare. Usually if they need orchestration, they tend to compose their own orchestrated parts. Like what Rhapsody, Helloween, Nightwish and Blind Guardian do.