EWB Music Quiz

Farmer Reil

This is either really hard, or really easy. I can't tell because I obviously know all the answers :P

Fourteen seconds, ten songs. Name 'em all. There's a... how shall I put this... 'wide variety' in there, but only really one or two that aren't 'mainstream' (in a metal sense). You'll probably be able to name all the artists, even if a few song titles escape you, so give it a go anyway.

PM me your answers.

http://putstuff.putfile.com/5245/683168

Edit: Wow, Putstuff is annoying :shifty: Just click 'Next Page' three times. It's very weird.

One point for the band, one for the song.

Scores so far:

Liam - 8.5/20

reyrey619 - 8/20

Nerf - 7.5/20

Tyr - 7/20

lari - 7/20

So far, nobody has got either part of:

#1 (although Liam knows it, just can't think of it :P ).

#6 (Keith will get that).

#10. (This is turning out to be harder than I thought it would. Yeah, it's only one chord, but there's a reason for that.)

Everyone has the artist for #2, but only one person has the song.

Most people have #3.

Everyone has #4.

A few have #5.

One person got the band in #7.

One person got the band in #8.

Everyone has #9.

Edited by Farmer Reil

Maybe it's just me, but I found the clips way too short. You can only make out one note or a chord or sometimes just a grunt or a single word. I'd rather have a full melody to try and identify, like from an instrumental break or something. Like 10 seconds per track or so.

Anyway, I sent in my answers. Most of them are pretty much guesses, since it's really hard to place such short samples.

Maybe it's just me, but I found the clips way too short. You can only make out one note or a chord or sometimes just a grunt or a single word. I'd rather have a full melody to try and identify, like from an instrumental break or something. Like 10 seconds per track or so.

Anyway, I sent in my answers. Most of them are pretty much guesses, since it's really hard to place such short samples.

Edited by Farmer Reil

Some of them seam quite straightforward - others seem sodding impossible. PMing what I've got now...

Ok, it's gone on long enough, I'll give you the answers now.

Number one was the Tarzan yell at the start of Machine Head's American High. That was pretty difficult, since it involves listening to Machine Head and most people here have far too much taste :P (Although in my defence, it was from Supercharger, which was slightly before they became utterly shit).

Number two, in contrast, was really easy if you're a fan of his (and you damn well should be). Bruce Dickinson - Sacred Cowboys. I gave you half a point if you got Maiden, since without knowing the song it's impossible to tell if it's Dickinson solo or not.

Number three most people got: Disturbed - Down With The Sickness. (It was the 'oh' of 'oh-ah-ah-ah-ah'). I'm shocked that so many people got that, and NOBODY got number ten.

Four was easy as piss and everyone got it. Bon Jovi - Livin' On A Prayer.

Almost everyone got five too. Rammstein - Du Hast.

Six would've been Keith's, had he bothered to enter :shifty:. Kill with powerrrr... Die! Die! Manowar - Kill With Power.

Seven was quite hard, but I thought someone would've got it. One person got the band, Dragonforce but nobody got the song, Through The Fire And Flames. (You heard "Storming" of "Storming through the burning fields", which is the title of another 'Force song, so I hoped I might confuse you. As it turned out, it was far too hard for that :P).

The artist in eight was easy. Aerosmith. The song would be nearly impossible, Janie's Got A Gun (aka The Water Song, for you pedantic people out there).

Nine was a piece of piss and everyone got it, Guns 'n' Roses - Sweet Child O' Mine.

Ten... shame on you EWB. Shame on you. Black Sabbath - Iron Man.

Supercharger is possibly Machine Head's worst album, Reily (except for maybe The Burning Red). I listed to Machine Head, and had heard it for sure, I just don't listen to Supercharger often enough to actually remember which song it came from.

Still, their latest, first and second albums piss all over Supercharger :P

Supercharger is possibly Machine Head's worst album, Reily (except for maybe The Burning Red). I listed to Machine Head, and had heard it for sure, I just don't listen to Supercharger often enough to actually remember which song it came from.

Still, their latest, first and second albums piss all over Supercharger :P

Edited by Farmer Reil

The Disturbed/Iron Man thing isn't particularly shocking, actually. Since you took the most memorable thing from the Disturbed song and a random fraction of a chord from Iron Man.

I did terribly on this, really, since I don't actually like a single song or band on the list except for perhaps Sabbath. *Totally thought the "Livin' on a Prayer" clip was supposed to be "Cum on Feel the Noise" by Quiet Riot.* So I think I got, like, Disturbed and GnR, and I recognized Du Hast but couldn't quite place it.

Can't believe I didn't get the dragonforce one. Got the Aerosmith one though. :D

And it's not aka The Water Song. The Water Song is actually just the intro to the song. On the album "Pump" a fair few of the tracks have intros (like Janie's Got A Gun) that are credited as parts of tracks. ie one the album it actually goes:

5.1 The Water Song

5.2 Janie's Got A Gun

/pedantic