Favourite TV characters

ONO

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Hitcher from The Mighty Boosh is a personal favourite, despite being an entirely one-sided character. He's just consistently funny, from his radio appearance through his two TV episodes and the live show, and emminently quotable without falling into the realm of twattish catchphrasing like Old Gregg.

Excellent choice. :blush:

I was gonna choose a Mighty Boosh character, but didn't think it was that popular on here. Personal favourites being Hitcher, Spirit of Jazz and Dixon Bainbridge. In fact, scratch my previous choices, Bainbridge is my choice.

"Naboo! I know you're some kind of gypsy shaman!"

Bainbridge is brilliant. One of the most under-rated Boosh quotes ever is "He just punched a filly in the face!". Matt Berry has the world's best voice.

The Hitcher from The Mighty Boosh is a personal favourite, despite being an entirely one-sided character. He's just consistently funny, from his radio appearance through his two TV episodes and the live show, and emminently quotable without falling into the realm of twattish catchphrasing like Old Gregg.

Yeah, I second that. I'm partial to a cockney character anyway >_>, but the Hitcher is awesome. I still use the "apples and pears and assorted fruits" comment that one of his minions uses when I'm taking the piss out of my own London accent.

EDIT: And I agree on Matt Berry having the world's best voice. So smooth, it's awesome.

Edited by Liam Byrne

Ever since we first heard The Hitcher on the radio Hitcher episode, the evil cockney voice is our default impression for practically everyone. It's just so much fan talking shit in that voice.

• 3 weeks later...

My top 10

1. Xander - seriously the best character I've ever seen

2. JD - Yes, Cox rocks, but the development of JD is what see's me put him ahead of Cox on my list

3. Dr Cox

4. House

5. Spike

6. Teabag from Prison Break

7. Hawkeye from M*A*S*H

8. The Pretender - I lovee this show. Still do. Awesome character that made me wanna tune in each week to see what he's impersonate

9. Homer Simpson

10. Willow

Michael Scott (the Office)

Dwight Schute (the Office)

Ricky (Trailer Park Boys)

Jim Lahey (Trailer Park Boys)

Larry David (Curb Your Enthusiasm)

Bill McNeal (Newsradio... how could nobody mention him yet?)

Jimmy James (Newsradio)

Mason (Dead Like Me)

Chandler Bing (Friends... my favorite show, however, I think Chandler is the only one that stands out as truly unique and original. All together they work well in an ensemble cast, but I believe Chandler could have worked just as well, maybe better, in a cast half the size. Better than Joey, for sure)

Edited by Enter Blue Guy