EWB Top 50 Actors

ChrisSteeleAteMyHamster

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because of the living rule, I couldn't vote for Anthony Perkons, Vincent Price, or Cary Grant. :thumbsdown:

01: Johnny Depp (Edward Scissorhands, Gilbert Grape, Finding Neverland, Secret Window)

02: Jack Nicholson (The Shining, One Flew Over A Cuckoo's Nest, Batman)

03: Tom Hanks (Casyaway, Forrest Gump, Road to Perdition)

04: Bill Murray (Ghostbusters, Scrooged, What About Bob?)

05: Jim Carrey (Ace Ventura, Truman Show)

06: Bruce Willis (Pulp Fiction, Sin City)

07: Christopher Lloyd (Back to the Future, Roger Rabbit, Clue)

08: Michael J. Fox (Family Ties, Back to the Future, Greedy)

09: Adam Sandler (Waterboy, Happy Gilmour, Click)

10: Tim Curry (his preformance in "Clue" alone makes him worthy of the #10 spot)

Eh, Eternal Sunshine is the only film that I think cements Carrey as a great actor. His early stuff is decent comedy acting, and he was good in Truman Show, but nothing that'd put him anywhere near a top anything list. Whereas in Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind he is absolutely fantastic, and I think that's what cements him as a legitimate actor. It might be just that I didn't really like the whole "LOOK AT ME, I'M WACKY!" nature of most of his comedy, but Eternal Sunshine is the only film I've thoroughly enjoyed him in.

Eh, Eternal Sunshine is the only film that I think cements Carrey as a great actor. His early stuff is decent comedy acting, and he was good in Truman Show, but nothing that'd put him anywhere near a top anything list. Whereas in Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind he is absolutely fantastic, and I think that's what cements him as a legitimate actor. It might be just that I didn't really like the whole "LOOK AT ME, I'M WACKY!" nature of most of his comedy, but Eternal Sunshine is the only film I've thoroughly enjoyed him in.

1. Al Pacino

2. John Cusack

3. George Clooney (Our generation's Cary Grant.)

4. Robert DeNiro

5. Johnny Depp

6. Jack Nicholson (Every role he does seems like really similar guys to me, but in his case, that ain't a bad thing.)

7. Robert Duvall (Not a great leading man, IMO, but he still steals every film he's in.)

8. Aaron Eckhart (If you haven't seen Thank You for Smoking, my condolences.)

9. Samuel L. Jackson

10. Morgan Freeman

1. Al Pacino

2. Tom Hanks

3. Robert DeNiro

4. Sean Connery

5. Morgan Freeman

6. George Clooney

7. Samuel L. Jackson

8. Kevin Spacey

9. Jack Nicholson

10. Chow Yun Fat

5,890,999. Chuck Norris

Better than most of them, but deceased: Cary Grant and Vincent Price.

*edit* Hard decision, but I had to leave Johnny Depp, Clint Eastwood and Denzel Washington off the list, and I can't stand Leonardo DiCaprio for some reason.

Edited by GhostMachine