Legend of Zelda

Benji

Most fun I've had on a new game since I originally played Final Fantasy IX (for those of you who don't know, FF9 eventually got into my pantheon of greatest games and is disputably (perhaps only by Pokémon) my favourite game ever. The controls are brilliant and it's all very 'do the tutorial but in a fun, story building way', it's easy to pick up, intruiging and doesn't stop to smell the roses just to make the game longer.

Brilliant. Anyone else enjoying it or disliking it?

I am thoroughly enjoying it, controlling Link's beast form in twilight areas is real fun.

I'm just on my way to the second temple, though when I was the wolf I did the howling winds thing on Death Mountain that I thought would teach me a new move, but I leant on the tv controller power switch and didnt see what happened, by the time I turned it back on it was back to gameplay, what am I doing wrong?

I can't wait to play it, and heard nothing but amazing things. A strong Game of the Year candidate and may even win. I heard it's more fun than Oblivion, and longer then Wind Waker. Another Zelda game maybe, but its Zelda nonetheless.

Agreed... I can't imagine playing a 30+ hour game with the Wii controller. It just seems rather exhausting.

It's just little wrist flicks, it's not like you have to stand up and flail your arms around and pretend sword fight some baddies. My brother has played for like 70 hours (messing around, side quests and such) and never once did he ever complain about it being exhausting.

I've had no problems with the sword spin...its the vertical slash I always mess up, but I'm more than happy with the way it turned out, once I started playing I totally forgot it was originally intended for the Gamecube. The pointer makes the bow and arrow/boomerang so much easier to aim.

I have it, and I love it. I really enjoy the twilight/light sections as it makes it feel like two games in one. Weapons are great, the controls suit me just fine, well-written story, fun bosses, good dungeons, the whole game just works. IMO, game of the year. Easily the most fun I've had with a game since Resident Evil 4.

To those who own it, How's the graphics? Thats the only thing that bothered reviewers, and I want to know some of your opinions. All I know is this alongside Oblivion and Gears of War, the best game of the year.

Got this an hour or so back for GCN, and it just stuck itself on a cutscene, and I'm miffed.

Other than that, it's typical Zelda fare, which is a good thing. Graphics are pretty meh, but I love the art style all the same. There also seems to be a bit of a slowdown when I hit things with my wooden sword, but I'm not sure if it's intentional or not.

Probably will play through it again (and start from the beginning, ack), once I get back tonight.

Got this an hour or so back for GCN, and it just stuck itself on a cutscene, and I'm miffed.

Other than that, it's typical Zelda fare, which is a good thing. Graphics are pretty meh, but I love the art style all the same. There also seems to be a bit of a slowdown when I hit things with my wooden sword, but I'm not sure if it's intentional or not.

Probably will play through it again (and start from the beginning, ack), once I get back tonight.

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry to bump an old topic but I should be getting a Wii this week (finally) and the only game I'm really interested in at the moment is Zelda.

The only thing that worries me is the control scheme, I'm not sure wether Id rather play it with a normal controller. So is it possible to choose to use the normal 'classic' Wii controller for this, or do you have to use the wii-mote/nunchuk combination?