Recommend me some classic rock

Riceman 4K

I really don't know too much about Rock as I just started listening to it. So recommendations would be helpful and if you can give me specific albums, that would be greatly appreciated. I'm mostly interested in stuff from the 60's-80's.

Groups that I had in mind:

Pink Floyd

Jimi Hendrix

R.E.M.

Queen

Tears for Fears

Rush

Metallica

Poison

So yeah, hit me up with the goodness. Thanks!

Whitesnake, AC/DC, Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Motorhead, Guns 'n' Roses, The Rolling Stones, The Who, Deep Purple... I could go on for hours... Black Sabbath, Aerosmith, Motley Crue, WASP, Alice in Chains, Soundgarden... could you have picked a bigger genre to ask for suggestions for? :P

Edited by Farmer Reil

Pink Floyd--The Wall, Dark Side of the Moon, Piper at the Gates of Dawn

Hendrix--Are You Experienced?, Axis:Bold as Love, Electric Ladyland, First Rays of the New Rising Sun, Band of Gypsys

R.E.M.--Out of Time, Automatic For the People, Murmur

Queen--Can get by with Greatest Hits, really, although News of the World and A Night at the Opera are both pretty good.

Tears For Fears--Greatest Hits. Each album had one or two standouts and some filler.

Metallica--Just about everything pre-Load and Reload.

Poison--Greatest Hits should suffice, but I liked Look What the Cat Dragged In and Flesh and Blood.

Whitesnake--Um, Greatest Hits if you have to get something...but don't they lose the effect without Tawny Kitaen writhing around on a Jaguar?

AC/DC--High Voltage, Highway to Hell, Back in Black, Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap. The rest can be filled in by compilations.

Guns 'n' Roses--Appetite, Lies, and the Use Your Illusions.

The Rolling Stones--I'll say everything. But I love the Stones.

Aerosmith--If you see Joe Perry involved, buy it. If you don't, don't. But be wary of their stuff after Nine Lives.

Motley Crue--Too Fast for Love, Shout at the Devil, Theatre of Pain, Girls Girls Girls, Dr. Feelgood. Ignore everything else.

Soundgarden--Badmotorfinger and Superunknown are essential.

Alice Cooper--Killer, School's Out, Billion Dollar Babies, Welcome to My Nightmare, Trash

Fleetwood Mac--Rumours, Fleetwood Mac, Tusk, The Dance (if only for Lindsay Buckingham going apeshit on Big Love). And a lot of people didn't care for Tango in the Night, but I dug it. Then Play On is a good album, but it's the pre-Buckingham/Nicks/Christine McVie version of the band.

Def Leppard--Pyromania and Hysteria.

Van Halen--Everything pre-1990's. Yes, that includes a lot of Hagar. If someone gifts you a VH album with Gary Cherone singing, punch them.

Whew. Man, I like some classic rock. Oh, and they're kind of a polarizing group on this board, but I'll add...

The Eagles--The Long Run, Hotel California. Then grab the Greatest Hits discs and you'll be set. Glenn Frey's The Allnighter is solid, as are Henley's Building the Perfect Beast, End of the Innocence, and Actual Miles. Oh, and Joe Walsh's Little Did He Know greatest-hits set.

For the love of God don't get Alice Cooper's "Nobody Likes Me". It's shit. It's about ten minutes long, and features some of the most awful songs in history.

Biggest waste of £2.50 ever. However, for merely double that price I got Queensrych's Greatest Hits and a 2-disc compilation called 'Rock Godz', so I can't really complain.

I also forgot ZZ Top, so deserve to be shot.

Edited by Farmer Reil

For the love of God don't get Alice Cooper's "Nobody Likes Me". It's shit. It's about ten minutes long, and features some of the most awful songs in history.

Biggest waste of £2.50 ever. However, for merely double that price I got Queensrych's Greatest Hits and a 2-disc compilation called 'Rock Godz', so I can't really complain.

I also forgot ZZ Top, so deserve to be shot.