EWB Sports Hall of Fame Nomination Form

Clawson

Guest Pirate Chasin' Booty

Clawson, ACCBiggz, someone else.....

Basically a north american biased committee, its done, I'm pulling the old one, anyone who wants to form a new fair committee is welcome to apply.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm gonna throw my name in there. It should be a mixture of North Americans and the rest of the world. No one was stopping the Europeans from throwing in Soccer players in there. This is supposed to be a EWB HOF......gather the votes for your candidates. There are enough soccer followers here.

I wouldn't mind be apart of a new committe. That said, I know diddly-squat about pretty much all other sports outside of football, so my votes will involve half the Arsenal team :D.

Hatton for HoF

>_>

I'd be up for a committee, I guess better people have put their name in, but I follow Football, Basketball, American Football, Rugby, Boxing and Horse Racing (!) if that means anything.

EDIT Agreed with JoD on those who should stay btw.

Edited by fineintent

mudda I think I need to explain what I was doing and why it may have been more slanted to North American sports at first. Initially I had a commitee of 2 Canadians, 2 Americans and 2 Britons getting to pick three members for the HOF. After that I took the ones we left behind and let the public decide. Last year I decided to do it a bit differently which was pure EWB voting and seeing how most of the people who voted, voted for North American sports it got kind of slated towards that.

So well the original idea was flawed towards more North American sports Pele got in by votes from all but 2 of the original 6 and somehow during the popular vote here decided by members of EWB a much grander commitee, I don't see how the original HOF was flawed.

I know a lot about sports, more then I do about wrestling.

I can go two to two with just about anybody on MLB, NHL, NBA and to a lesser extent the NFL. I also know enough about the CFL to be a competent judge, but I doubt that will get much use anyways. I also watch a fair bit of golf and know a bit about NCAA football and basketball. All in all I know a lot about North American sports and would like to be considered for he committee.

I think that would be the best way to get fair results.

Actually that sounds like the best way you want to see get your results. This is the EWB Sports Hall of Fame. Not Half North American/Half Europe. Let things stay open. The guys who deserve it will get in. If no one in Europe knows of Magic Johnson he won't get the European vote. If there are North Americans who've never heard of Maradona he won't get votes. Quit Gerrymandering the system.

Edited by botchedpiledriver

The thing is, BP has the better idea about doing it. It should be an equal split between Europe and American people, and possibly even a couple from "minor countries" (as it is not as if only Europeans and Americans watch sport, is it?).

This is because that if someone truly deserves to get into the Hall Of Fame, thier fame should have transcended the sport they are in, or the country they eminate from. Thats why people like Dale Ernhardt probably shouldn't have gone in (as no-one outside of America really knows him much, unless they follow Nascar, which a lot don't, it seems), yet someone like Muhammad Ali, Wayne Gretzky and others can go in, as they transcend the sport they were in, to have worldwide acclaim, not just niche acclaim.

Edited by kevinnashwannabe

• 5 months later...
Guest Chaos Theory

I would like to nominate Cornerback Ronde Barber of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

In the game against the Carolina Panthers, Barber became the first cornerback in NFL history to have recorded 20 interceptions and 20 sacks in a career.