Questions in Video Game History you have always wondered about

EWRFan

Since the wrestling version has 90 pages, I figured one involving video games would do good. Any questions you have you can ask and I am sure some of our experts will find answers.

For starters and correct me if I am mistaken, but one of the first Virtual Console Games released was Mario Bros...right? Then I see that Super Mario Bros. was going to be(or was) released this past week. Is there a difference between the Mario Bros and Super Mario Bros games? If so..what exactly?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What would happen if Benji rewrote the entire continuity of Tekken? Why it wouldn't have a million and one glaring plot holes that's what. No I'm never trying that diary again though.

Seriously though, what if Final Fantasy had never even been thought of? Does anyone think Dragon Quest would have caught on across the globe in its place?

Since the wrestling version has 90 pages, I figured one involving video games would do good. Any questions you have you can ask and I am sure some of our experts will find answers.

For starters and correct me if I am mistaken, but one of the first Virtual Console Games released was Mario Bros...right? Then I see that Super Mario Bros. was going to be(or was) released this past week. Is there a difference between the Mario Bros and Super Mario Bros games? If so..what exactly?

I remember back when I was in high school hearing about a game that was supposedly more violent that Mortal Kombat . where you could rip a guys balls off and throw them at him. I think it was called Thrill Kill. was it really that violent and was it canceled ?

I had a copy of Thrill Kill and my memory of it is pretty sketchy but I seem to remember it was just very gory and you could chop your opponent into little bits, but I can't remember if it was as violent and horrible as people made out and I certainly can't remember throwing someone's balls at them. :P

I remember back when I was in high school hearing about a game that was supposedly more violent that Mortal Kombat . where you could rip a guys balls off and throw them at him. I think it was called Thrill Kill. was it really that violent and was it canceled ?

Wiki says it's on the internet if you look hard enough.

Well, in the same vein as Benji's question: what would happen if Madden never existed? Would it be Tecmo NFL Football 2007 that we would be playing?

Actually, thought, I'm a huge Madden nut, Tecmo NFL 2007 doesn't sound like a bad idea...

Thrill Kill was an awesome game i vaguely remember there being some sort of Ape type character.

It used the same Game Engine as Wu Tang: Shaoalin Style which was also all kinds of awesomeness.

Anyway my question is which MMORPG revolutionised the genre im trying to remember and im thinking Diablo/Ultima Online but i think im probably way way off.

Well, in the same vein as Benji's question: what would happen if Madden never existed? Would it be Tecmo NFL Football 2007 that we would be playing?

Actually, thought, I'm a huge Madden nut, Tecmo NFL 2007 doesn't sound like a bad idea...

I'm highly confident that we would be playing Tecmo Super Bowl X or so. The games were good, but the popularity of Madden coupled with general lack of advertisement killed off TSB.

It's come back to an extent in ROM form with online leagues, but Madden's the one on the store shelves.

Ah Thrill Kill, one of the great video game stories. I don't know if it's illegal or not since it was never commercially released, but you can find the complete version of the game online. Hell, you can even find box art for it.

Reminds me of the old game Time Killers that got delayed for years because of its violent content, looking back on it now, it's ridiculously cartoony.

Ah Thrill Kill, one of the great video game stories. I don't know if it's illegal or not since it was never commercially released, but you can find the complete version of the game online. Hell, you can even find box art for it.

Reminds me of the old game Time Killers that got delayed for years because of its violent content, looking back on it now, it's ridiculously cartoony.

It was released by the makers, so I'd say it's legal.

I remember I read somewhere that 2K Sports is going back to doing football games and that they where doing a game with legendary football players that used the NFL 2K engine. I was a huge fan of their football games and I wondered if this is true and where can I get more info about it.