Questions in Video Game History you have always wondered about

EWRFan

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I always wonder why there are not more games with co-op single player.

Umm...am I missing something here, or does that not make sense?

There's a level in Hitman: Blood Money where you have to get into the White House and kill the President, whilst avoiding an Albino assassin.

Quite fun.

That sounds very interesting and fun.

In Hitman do all the story arcs tie together, or is it just a bunch of mission thrown in linear style?

Thrill Kill was awesome, I was lucky to have it on PSX around the time if got banned, the joys of a chipped Playstation :D The game was pretty gorey for our age, I was about 12-13 I think, but looking back now, it's cheesy as hell. Oh, and Dr. Faustaus was easily the best character on it.

Basically, the same as two-player co-op, only CPU controls the second "player", I'm assuming.

Isn't that just regular old single player then? >_>

The way I'm interpreting it is; think of Streets Of Rage...you could do one player as just Axel or whoever, but in two-player you could be Axel with your mate as Max, so you've got an obvious advantage. In Streets Of Rage Remake, you can do the "two player" mode, but with the CPU controlling Max, and you controlling Axel...so it's not the same as regular single player, because you've still got a buddy, he's just AI.

The way I'm interpreting it is; think of Streets Of Rage...you could do one player as just Axel or whoever, but in two-player you could be Axel with your mate as Max, so you've got an obvious advantage. In Streets Of Rage Remake, you can do the "two player" mode, but with the CPU controlling Max, and you controlling Axel...so it's not the same as regular single player, because you've still got a buddy, he's just AI.

Ah, right. I didn't think of that, the only co-op experience I've had lately is on Gears Of War and your buddy is always there, two player or not. It doesn't matter in the slightest, I was just a bit baffled by it >_>

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Zeokage

I assumed he meant something like Gears/Perfect Dark where you could go through the single player storyline... with 2 players in co-op. I've been trying to think of games lately where you can do that, and failing miserably.