Final Fantasy

Benji

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Squall finds his way through time because Rinoa was there for him just like he was for her, they went to the field of flowers. Basically it's all based on time travel and time loops but the main Wikipedia article explains it quite well if you care to search.

Incidentally, I refuse to carry on playing FF7, you know why?

Because Aeris is about to die

:(

Incidentally, I refuse to carry on playing FF7, you know why?

Because Aeris is about to die

:(

I generally use the sudden increase in shit hard boss battle leading up to that point as a reason to motivate myself. I'm all "Am I really going to let victories over Lost Number, Materia Keeper, Red Dragon and even fucking Demon Gate go to waste for one damn flower girl?"

Of those, only Demon's Gate is even somewhat hard. Fuck, beating Godo in Wutai is harder than those, incidentally, I discovered that when Godo's HP drops below around the 2000 mark, you shouldn't attack because he counters by using Cure2 on himself, instead, poison him, then keep looking after yourself until the poison kills him :)

But I hate leveling, so I always play those battles at whatever level my party is when I get to them... amps up the challenge rating a bit.

Same here, when facing Demon's Gate I was 1400HP or so, almost every time he did that stone drop thing a character died. I still managed it with disturbing ease.

On the subject of IX, does anyone else fucking HATE the Chocograph mini-game. In a total of 3 hours, I only found 2 Chocograph's in the forest and was only able to get to one outside! If it weren't for all the awesome items it gets you incredibly early in the game, I wouldn't bother. <_<

This thread has given me the desire to fire up my copy of FFVII, sadly my PS2 is broken.

I do, however, have a nephew with one of those slim PS2's so... SCORE!

You never stole the DS, why would you steal a PStwo?

Anyway, back on topic,
For anyone joining me in playing FF9,

I'm at Lindblum for the first time just after the battle with Black Waltz No. 3 on the airship. Before the festival of the hunt, I'm going to go levelling up, despite the fact that I'm quite strong already. Does anyone remember any equipment that you can get here for one time only. Stuff that is the only way to get certain abilities and such. Thanks. (Y)

Think you need to have Vivi win that battle competition, by having you and Freya(I think not played in a long time) get beat in the battle with the big monster that is released halfway through the competition.

Exactly right, you get other items with different results, but that card is a one-off so it's worth getting.