The Transfer Thread

Guest Ringmaster

I don't think America has a THAT bad of a league, I mean your best players can compete in top leagues (eg Nelsen at Rovers), but if they really think Europe's best players are going over there to play they are laughing. Might manage to get Colin Woodthorpe or Barry Ferguson. >_>

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lucas Neill is looking the most likely Rovers player to leave during the transfer window, particularly as his deal is up in the summer anyway. However on BBC Sport's website it says, Dynamo Kiev defender Andriy Nesmachniy is training with Blackburn, manager Mark Hughes has confirmed. So it wouldn't be the end of the world.

Flo's is officially at Leeds now, methinks, according to Sky Sports News, unless I understood wrong, and Leeds are hoping to wrap up Kandol tonight, I think SSN said there was a press conference tonight (though that might be about Flo/Portugese chap).

Is Lucas Neill not headed to Liverpool?

Can any followers of Spanish football (Espanyol) tell me anything about this Armando Mikel Corria Der Sa or whatever the fuck his name was? He's supposed to be a quite well-known Portugese international, but his name's a blank to me.

His name is Armando Miguel Correia de Sá. He, Ricardo Rocha and Tiago(Lyon) were all bought at the same time. He was Benfica's right defender when Miguel used to play as a midfielder. Then Miguel started playing as a right defender and Armando left Benfica because he was unhappy at being a substitute. He's pretty decent altought he attacks better than he defends.

Guest 1-2-Ringo!

Ah my favourite part of the transfer season. The announcer on one of the all football channels repeating every single day of the transfer period that Totti wants to move to Tottenham because he misheard and thinks the team is called Tottiham. This will never get old :shifty:

Saw on the Leeds site that Kandol has signed a 3 year deal. Oh dear. He's the 5th player we've signed already in January

Wigan are in talks with Ellington according to SSN, and Blackburn have received a number of bids for Lucas Neill with Liverpool and Newcastle linked

Leeds have been linked with some French midfielder who's name I can't remember according to one of my friends, can't find anything to suggest that though, so it was probably wrong, thought I'd mention it anyway.

Watford are determined to keep Ashley Young and Freddie Eastwood appears to be on the way out of Southend (if rumours are correct) to either Preston (possible hint Nugent could be leaving, perhaps?) or Charlton (who I presume are more likely to be interested given the loss of Bent)

Guest muddatrucker

Unless I've missed something, have the Italian FA put them back in Serie A or are these guys punching above their weight? Apparently they want Klose too, I want a Ford GT40...but lets face it, its not going to happen (at least not this season).

They must still have some money in the coffers and lets face it, everyone at that club will expect to walk back into Serie A so I doubt any whispers of "What if we don't get promoted?" will curb their transfer plans.

Guest 1-2-Ringo!

They're still in Serie B, but their return to Serie A seems pretty much assured and they're trying to build a squad that can challenge for the title next year. That and the likes of Buffon, Trezeguet and Camoranesi have said they'll leave if Juve doesn't sign quality players.

Roma striker Montella has joined on loan for the rest of the season while Dutch forward John - strongly linked with Watford recently - will be allowed to leave for a fee in the region of £2million.

Fulham also seem to be interested in Onweyu(sp?) the American defender.

EDIT: Fulham have accepted a bid from an unnamed club with Charlton and Watford being the favourites, I think it's Watford as they need another striker badly

Edited by The Future

Roma striker Montella has joined on loan for the rest of the season while Dutch forward John - strongly linked with Watford recently - will be allowed to leave for a fee in the region of £2million.

Fulham also seem to be interested in Onweyu(sp?) the American defender.

EDIT: Fulham have accepted a bid from an unnamed club with Charlton and Watford being the favourites, I think it's Watford as they need another striker badly

Guest muddatrucker

Its a scar on the clubs name and if anything I dislike them simply for the fact that the original punishment has been lightened on several occasions - which just stinks of shit to me.