Where did all the good TV go?

Hutch2004

Scrubs is mostly on abc1. On some sundays they run like 6 hours of Scrubs episodes in a row, but their commercial breaks are weird... One break 5 minutes in, one break with 5 minutes to go and then no break between episodes...

IIRC, it's cut up the way it would be on US TV.

I don't watch much TV, though I, like AJ, watch Sport. Other than that, I'll be working through 24 on DVD, Curb Your Enthusiasm on DVD, and my Hitchcock and Almodovar (sp?) boxsets.

Almodovar? What are you? A woman? >_>

A media student >_>

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of those listed, I can't stand Little Britain, or Bottom come to that. Extras is only good on the basis of the guest stars (Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellen were gold. Others, not so).

See, I think Bottom is good in a crude, somewhat childish sort of way. I wouldn't go out of my way to watch it, but if I werechannel hopping and it was on UKTVG2, I'd watch it.

Do they still show "Open All Hours" on BBC? It used to be on all the time, but I haven't seen it in a while. Now that's a CLASSIC comedy.

Guess what? Open All Hours is another one I see no appeal in.

Perhaps our opinions are just polarised. >_>

YOU TAKE THAT BACK STOK!!!!!! Open All Hours is British instutution. Like throwing rocks at Paki's The Mothball episode was on UKTVG today in the afternoon. Seen it a couple of times, but still worth a giggle.

Edited by Steve Mandela

I'll take Ronnie Barker in The Two Ronnies or Porridge. I'll take David Jason in just about anything else. Open All Hours, however, is a complete waste of their respective talents (accepting, of course, that Jason was relatively young and noobish). The jokes involving Barker's stutter aren't funny. The jokes involving that-woman-he-lusts-over aren't funny. The till of death is only funny once or twice. I have never seen an episode that has held my interest throughout.